Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-28-2013, 05:35 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncknaklawns View Post
In NY I got one cause my 1 ton is 10700 never worried with my 3/4 ton can its GVWR was under 10K and didn't need one even with trailer when Combined was over 10K but thats NY
I am pretty sure if you hook a trailer on the 3/4 ton you will need dot #s on it as well even intrastate. Now if you cross out of NY I know you will need them.
Old 03-28-2013, 05:46 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody S. View Post
You're wrong about log books and manual. That is only necessary when you have an INTERSTATE DOT number. Most LCOs are intrastate. No log books, etc. And the law is new as of 2012. Bottom line is, you want information about DOT, don't go to an Internet forum, call your DMV and the FMCSA, that's where all my information came from.
Posted via Mobile Device
Might want to further check this one too. If you are over 10k, and you only travel within 150 mile radius, you must carry either a log book or a exemption log. Also you have to do daily inspections on each vehicle that you are driving that day that has dot #s. This is right from the FMCSA and the dot inspectors. When you have your safety audit and you don't have those exemption logs and daily vehicle inspections you will automatically fail your safety audit.