Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-07-2013, 10:08 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yardworkswv View Post
The propane ventrac is an option it has a gas tank as well and has a switch that can change between the two on the fly really cool
The aebi dealer now has tt70s and says he can deliver. 1400 hours. Price about same as new 32.5 hp gas ventrac both with 72 inch mowers

No warranty with used aebi. Local dealer with ventrac.

Any more thoughts from this knowledgeable group?
Old 08-07-2013, 10:24 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phunter View Post
The aebi dealer now has tt70s and says he can deliver. 1400 hours. Price about same as new 32.5 hp gas ventrac both with 72 inch mowers

No warranty with used aebi. Local dealer with ventrac.

Any more thoughts from this knowledgeable group?
Who is the Aebi dealer? Big difference between these two machines.
Old 08-07-2013, 10:44 PM
LawnSite Member

Equip distib from minnesota. Any and alll thoughts appreciated
Old 08-08-2013, 03:12 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Do you have a photo of the Aebi?
There was a contractor running one (although maybe a bigger version) here (Australia) a few years ago. Almost sent him broke due to constant breakdowns and hard to get parts. It was a full time mowing machine on city parks etc though which is much tougher than home use.
Make sure you can get parts and find someone to work on it. The one I saw had 4 wheel steering etc that could crab across the steepest of slopes. Awesome machine but was super expensive.

Found a couple pics of it...
Attached Images

Old 08-08-2013, 06:34 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I love that tow rig he has.
Old 08-08-2013, 08:18 PM
LawnSite Member

Reliability and upkeep are big issues with used foreign mad equipment. Wonder if 1400 hours means much?
Old 08-08-2013, 08:40 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Reliability and upkeep are big issues with used foreign mad equipment. Wonder if 1400 hours means much?
Depends on how hard those 1400 hours were and just what the machine was used for. Ask your dealer if he knows what the unit was used for, did the owner trade it in on a new one? There is a big difference if the unit was used with a flat deck mowing soccer fields verses a 7' flail mower doing dikes, dams, landfills or ski areas.

What are you going to be using this machine for?
Old 08-08-2013, 09:04 PM
LawnSite Member

dealer says machine owned by minnesota town used for maintaining ski areas and dams. of course he says well maintained and always serviced. pictures demonstrate garage kept machine always used flail mower

i hope to maintain 6 acre ridgetop and surrounding slopes on my property. slopes are no worse than 30 degrees

likely 14 acres total. im not sure how flail would do directly in my yard. the cost of rotary mower to fit aebi is also unknown to me.
my attraction to aebi is that it sure seems to be more substantial in size and power which leads me to think safer on hill sides than ventrac. thanks for the dialog
Old 08-08-2013, 09:19 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
dealer says machine owned by minnesota town used for maintaining ski areas and dams. of course he says well maintained and always serviced. pictures demonstrate garage kept machine always used flail mower

i hope to maintain 6 acre ridgetop and surrounding slopes on my property. slopes are no worse than 30 degrees

likely 14 acres total. im not sure how flail would do directly in my yard. the cost of rotary mower to fit aebi is also unknown to me.
my attraction to aebi is that it sure seems to be more substantial in size and power which leads me to think safer on hill sides than ventrac. thanks for the dialog
Lets fine tune this discussion a bit. What is growing on the ridge top and slope areas? Is it old pasture that is over grown or woods type area with brush?
Old 08-08-2013, 09:32 PM
LawnSite Member

the slopes beside my extra garage and the big hill behind my hill are lawn grass hydroseeded when i built my house. i have been mowing it with lowes mower up and down and then weedeating when too steep. this weedeating takes 2 guys around 2 or 3 days to finish, mowing around 4 hours each day

the ridgetop is pasture mix and fescue it was created via dozing 2 years ago. the dozing created slope that are fescue.

on the lower half of my property i still have some brush. i hope for cattle and few horses there.

the ridgetop, my 3 acre yard, along with the slopes and big hill behind my house leading up to the ridgetop i hope to maintain as green grass.
plus the grass along my 2800 ft driveway.

thanks again for the dialog