Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-12-2013, 10:00 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Did a bunch of pruning/mulching. This guy needed some help with his front bed.

Before

After
Old 03-12-2013, 10:08 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Leaf Cleanup from last fall. Don't know what happened to the before pics, but it was covered in leaves, I swear!

Old 03-13-2013, 08:17 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Well I was hoping I could be building a leaf box for my trailer right now, but my trucks in the shop getting transmission work. I guess better now than during the cutting season, and luckily I'm still under warranty
Kind of hard to go get 4x8 sheets of plywood with a rental car, so hopefully I get my truck back soon and do some building!
Old 03-13-2013, 10:28 PM
LawnSite Member

Nice work and I cant wait to see the outcome of the leaf box, and hear how it effects drag.

If I get lucky and the bid I put in today goes through Ill be halfway there to getting my trailer, unless equipment breaks.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:34 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDLLandscaping View Post
Nice work and I cant wait to see the outcome of the leaf box, and hear how it effects drag.

If I get lucky and the bid I put in today goes through Ill be halfway there to getting my trailer, unless equipment breaks.

Thanks, I will have many more pictures for this year. Last year wasn't too big for me outside of weekly maintenance. I think it will be interesting to see how the trailer will balance itself while being towed. If I don't land too many cleanups I might hold off on the box until fall, just have to see how money flows.

Equipment breaking down is always the worth. My trucks in the shop now and I think the rental company frowns upon towing with an Impala

Equipment/Work
Old 03-14-2013, 06:30 PM
LawnSite Member

Looks good keep up the good work.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:49 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mid Michigan Maintenance View Post
Looks good keep up the good work.
Thank you! Slowly getting going.

Equipment/Work
Old 03-14-2013, 09:58 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Finally tore into my Stealth today. Everyone bashes them but hey, for the $100.00 I paid for it, you can't beat it. It's done well for me so far, but definitely want something of better quality and bigger pretty soon.

I took the access panel off, sanded it down. Going to paint it and the deck, I'll post a pic up of the completed mower.

Really want a new back pack too. This one has been great to me, unfortunately the pipe was lost before I bought it. So, I just threw a piece of PVC and had an old tank pig lying around, and this is what I got all painted up. It's a bit heavy and sort of strange looking, but it works good. Used if for some snow removal this year and it worked great.

Equipment/Work
Old 03-15-2013, 02:51 AM
LawnSite Member

I had one of those Sutech stealth mowers when we first started!! It's so cool to see that someone is actively using one! It was our first purchased commercial mower and served us well for years!

Get a second set of blades to help speed up your blade changes. I had a 10.5hp B&S motor on mine which ended up blowing out the cylinder side wall after about 3.5 years of full time service. Got a new motor for it, but we had retired the mower by that time and moved on to Toro equipment.
Walker MT EFI 48" GHS (1)
Hustler 42" Mini Z w/bagger (sold)
Echo Trimmers, Blowers, & Saws
Hiniker and Cycle Country Plows
Old 03-15-2013, 07:07 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leland Lawn View Post
I had one of those Sutech stealth mowers when we first started!! It's so cool to see that someone is actively using one! It was our first purchased commercial mower and served us well for years!

Get a second set of blades to help speed up your blade changes. I had a 10.5hp B&S motor on mine which ended up blowing out the cylinder side wall after about 3.5 years of full time service. Got a new motor for it, but we had retired the mower by that time and moved on to Toro equipment.
Yeah I mean for my needs right now it works great. It is not the best piece of commercial equipment but holds up fine for me. I have the Kawaski on mine and its a great engine. I ended up buying the mower off of the guy I worked for, who owns a lawn equip shop. I basically got it for free because none of the commercial guys wanted it. Eventually I want to move on to Exmark/Dixie Chopper. How do you like Toro?

Thanks for the advice on the blades. I plan on buying all my oil, some belts, and sets of blades for the year once all my equip is up and running.

Equipment/Work