Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-21-2013, 02:51 PM
LawnSite Member

Oh wow... thats a huge client base!! I don't have an area anywhere near that populated, although we do cover about the same amount in sq miles. You should focus on maybe getting into a subdivision somewhere or a condo complex. That way you don't have to spend all of your time driving around town every day of the week.

That's awesome to hear! haha keep that blower going. That's crazy that it has lasted so many years already! Oh yeah I've seen those at my dealer before. I would think they would make a pretty decent details trimmer, but aren't really the type to be taking into an area that is taken over by weeds or 3' tall grasses. Since it's just you so far, have you considered the PAS line that Echo offers? I have the PAS-266 which has a ton of power for whatever I want to put it though. Especially as a string trimmer. Plus the attachments allow you expand your business without having to buy a bunch of other tools. I find the pole saw attachment to be the most worth while.

Yeah no problem man! It's nice to be able to share with someone who would actually listen.
Toro Turfmaster 30" (2)
Toro 21" Proline (6)
Walker MT EFI 48" GHS (1)
Echo Trimmers, Blowers, & Saws
Hiniker and Cycle Country Plows
Old 03-21-2013, 04:37 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah I'm in a couple subs now that I'm trying to get more clients it. The area is saturated with landscapers here so I'm basing my business off of quality and customer satisfaction to stand out.

I have looked at those. I'm actually condsidering buying one of those for the pole saw attachments. I was just a little skeptical because I didn't know anyone that used one, but now Ill have to look into it now!

And definitely! I appreciate all the advice and hearing about your success, gives me hope for my business!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-21-2013, 04:49 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Everything looks good, best of luck this year!
Old 03-22-2013, 09:32 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by APLUS LAWN CARE View Post
Everything looks good, best of luck this year!
Thanks a lot, good luck to you also!
Old 03-23-2013, 05:46 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody S. View Post
Yeah I'm in a couple subs now that I'm trying to get more clients it. The area is saturated with landscapers here so I'm basing my business off of quality and customer satisfaction to stand out.

I have looked at those. I'm actually condsidering buying one of those for the pole saw attachments. I was just a little skeptical because I didn't know anyone that used one, but now Ill have to look into it now!

And definitely! I appreciate all the advice and hearing about your success, gives me hope for my business!
Posted via Mobile Device
Yeah you should definitely check them out! I know they're a little more expensive, but it could save you from buying a $500 pole saw in the future. Although attachment that I hear is good is the power broom. I haven't used one myself, but the school district here has one. They use it for dethatching small areas of lawn as well as for cleaning gravel and other debris out of turf in the spring time (the city spreads 3/8 minus on the roads around here whenever it snows, and then the plow trucks put it onto the lawns).

Thanks for checking out my pictures thread!!! I'm glad that it's getting some attention even when I'm out of town. I have been on vacation for the past 12 days, but will be heading home soon. I should have some pictures uploaded on there of some work I have been doing here during my "break". haha
Toro Turfmaster 30" (2)
Toro 21" Proline (6)
Old 03-23-2013, 10:45 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leland Lawn View Post
Yeah you should definitely check them out! I know they're a little more expensive, but it could save you from buying a $500 pole saw in the future. Although attachment that I hear is good is the power broom. I haven't used one myself, but the school district here has one. They use it for dethatching small areas of lawn as well as for cleaning gravel and other debris out of turf in the spring time (the city spreads 3/8 minus on the roads around here whenever it snows, and then the plow trucks put it onto the lawns).

Thanks for checking out my pictures thread!!! I'm glad that it's getting some attention even when I'm out of town. I have been on vacation for the past 12 days, but will be heading home soon. I should have some pictures uploaded on there of some work I have been doing here during my "break". haha
I checked one out when I went to the dealer for parts yesterday. They are pretty sweet. They are pretty expensive, so I'll have to see price wise how things look come start up.

And not a prob man! Looks good, I like seeing how people start and grow their business's, gives me ideas for mine!
Old 03-23-2013, 10:52 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

So, this is what happens when it's pitch black outside and you're squeezing a truck between a garage and a SUV. Couldn't see I was that close to the garage, but my mirror did.

But, I fixed it

On a brighter note, just ordered my trimmer rack for my trailer!

Old 03-23-2013, 03:04 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody S. View Post
I checked one out when I went to the dealer for parts yesterday. They are pretty sweet. They are pretty expensive, so I'll have to see price wise how things look come start up.

And not a prob man! Looks good, I like seeing how people start and grow their business's, gives me ideas for mine!

Oh yeah they are a little spendy. How much does your dealer want for one of the power units? I would think that they would just throw in the trimmer head as something you just get, but I think it's an extra $60 or something like that.

Yeah I feel the same way! I love to see people starting out and looking forward to the future. Also I get a few ideas on what to try to change next to make my company better in any way possible.

Dang, that kind of sucks. But looks like you didnt have too much trouble changing that mirror and getting things all looking like new again!
Toro Turfmaster 30" (2)
Toro 21" Proline (6)
Old 03-23-2013, 03:15 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leland Lawn View Post
Oh yeah they are a little spendy. How much does your dealer want for one of the power units? I would think that they would just throw in the trimmer head as something you just get, but I think it's an extra $60 or something like that.

Yeah I feel the same way! I love to see people starting out and looking forward to the future. Also I get a few ideas on what to try to change next to make my company better in any way possible.

Dang, that kind of sucks. But looks like you didnt have too much trouble changing that mirror and getting things all looking like new again!
The Echo PAS-280 is around $380 to $400, then around $80 for the trimmer head. I'm going to talk to the guy I worked for because I get about 25% off at his place, and he has both Echo and Stihl systems. My only concern is how it would fit on a trailer rack, with or without the attachment.

And yeah I felt like a real dumb*** haha!
But, hey, got it fixed up again, just hurt my pride....and my wallet!
Old 03-25-2013, 08:34 PM
LawnSite Member

They fit perfectly with the trimmer attachment since the attaching joint is in the middle of the whole unit. I can imagine you could even mount a PAS on your trimmer rack with the chain saw or hedge trimmer. I wonder if they would let "borrow" one for a little while to see how it fit on your rack.
25% off would be awesome, and keep you out of the $400 range!

Yeah a small but necessary lesson to learn. Now you know how to take your door panel off and put it back on! haha. I had 2 windows broken by trimmers throwing rocks last year... which taught me to park somewhere else! :P
Toro Turfmaster 30" (2)
Toro 21" Proline (6)