Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-12-2013, 03:33 PM
LawnSite Member

Craigslist....?

Who post daily on craigslist? Or Even attempts to if you have down time.... I have picked up some of my best costomers this way and it is free. After you get it goin you just have to renew post so it doesnt take that much time
Old 03-12-2013, 03:50 PM
LawnSite Member

I have gotten 23 weekly accounts along with a bunch of one time cuts/clean-ups and other jobs. Its a great tool aslong as you weed out the pita customers.
Old 03-12-2013, 03:52 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

i have had 0 luck in 2 years with craigslist in my area. my posts get lost in the sea of "$25 yard cut ANY SIZE" i can't compete with that. lol.
Old 03-12-2013, 04:03 PM
LawnSite Member

I post pictures along with my post now. Showing other work done my equipment cleaned up truck to. And I also preach the licensed and insured. Ill putt a question on there asking what happens if your lawn boy slings a rock threw your window will he pay up for damages stuff like that. Since the weather has warmed up I have gotten at least a call a day that is good potential customers. The first thing I ask though is where they are from because I have got calls 2hrs away from my location lol. I stay local as possible. This week I am down in Daytona Beach for Bike Week and I am backed up now because of craigslist. Aerating jobs to first of the year lawn clean ups an lawn sign ups. I donít promise any discounts on any of my post either. But I also donít know how many calls the other guys are posting are getting. Chattanooga Tennessee is where I post check out how I do mine. I would love to see how you other lawn guys post on craigslist as well that are successful with it. I really enjoy working so I want every post to pop out as much as possible Im always looking to get better at every aspect of my work
Old 03-12-2013, 04:04 PM
LawnSite Member

Inzane, what do you charge?
Do you get any calls, do you put down your prices.
I live in chicag burbs so I get the same thing here, but I explain to them about the difference between professional with licenses, insurance, uniformed apperence, compared to hacks with no insurance and non license non tax paying wanna be companies, 95 % of the time I secure new customers.
Old 03-12-2013, 04:49 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

What section are u posting in? Service---farm and garden? I'm still a little skeptical. Not sure a person in a 300k+ home will use Craigslist for lawn care but I use it to look for equipment and trucks.

I've got an ad in the general labor section and gotten some pretty shady responses.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-12-2013, 04:55 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

well i might try again but fix my price list or remove..http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/fgs/3631351211.html i don't usually ever list my price except what i start at, but this last ad i think i was way off. lol. large yard should have said $55.00 anyways.. I get these prices, i just sell 1 out 7 of the leads i get, which are mostly people who find me on google. I rather 5 lawns at 60 dollar a cut rather than 12 at 25 dollar per cut anyday.

then there is a lawn app one i did a while back..
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/fgs/3631310895.html

i normally just keep an ad up on clist only to have a another backlink to my site, I never expect much from craigslist anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandalawncaremgr View Post
Inzane, what do you charge?
Do you get any calls, do you put down your prices.
I live in chicag burbs so I get the same thing here, but I explain to them about the difference between professional with licenses, insurance, uniformed apperence, compared to hacks with no insurance and non license non tax paying wanna be companies, 95 % of the time I secure new customers.

Last edited by inzane; 03-12-2013 at 05:03 PM.
Old 03-12-2013, 05:49 PM
LawnSite Member

I post to farm and garden the most then a few in the labor.... here is one of my post that I update as much as possible

http://chattanooga.craigslist.org/fgs/3634206029.html
Old 03-12-2013, 06:03 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

thats a good ad, lots of pictures. nice truck too! i like the truck lettering. i got the same aerator. your ad is worded well too, that first line about licensed and insured should get any homeowner with half a brain to think about that guy mowing for beer money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimsleysLawnCare View Post
I post to farm and garden the most then a few in the labor.... here is one of my post that I update as much as possible

http://chattanooga.craigslist.org/fgs/3634206029.html
Old 03-12-2013, 06:14 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by inzane View Post
thats a good ad, lots of pictures. nice truck too! i like the truck lettering. i got the same aerator. your ad is worded well too, that first line about licensed and insured should get any homeowner with half a brain to think about that guy mowing for beer money.
Thank you sir! I spent $300 on the vinal. I went to a local guy and told him I wanted grass growin on my truck and I wanted my logo and number able to be read as I drive down the road. Then he came up with my logo with the grass coming out around it and shaded all the lettering with green to give it a little more pop. I am well pleased. My dad told me I look like a circus is coming down the road. LOL Im proud of my truck and my equipment!! The aerator is awesome as well spent 999 on it with no sales tax me being from tennessee buying out of Athens GA a company buys goes through them cleans up paints then resales them. I got a deal on that for sure!!! I will have made my money back on it by the end of the month!