Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-14-2013, 08:03 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimsleysLawnCare View Post
To someone with to much money it was junk. It would not start at all. once I did get it to start the tines automaticly turned. Its something I spent some time on and fixed it. Learned a few things about it as well. I like to piddle on things. It keeps me out of trouble. After I got it running I relized it had barley been used it just sat and Idk it made me feal accomplished that I got a tealer that you would go spend $600 maybe $500 on new and only spent $70 bucks on to get it in top shape with some of my tlc. I didnt ask for it. he offered it to me and I took advantage of it. He has hired me out since then and told me if I ever needed any refferances or anything he could help me with he would do what he could.
i'm not knocking you for taking it. that's good what you were able to do. i just don't have the patience for that type of thing i guess. i want stuff to work like it's supposed to from the start. i just don't like fixing things to make them work. it's not that i can't do it. i can and i have many times. it just drives me insane and makes me irritable. i'm doing good to sharpen mower blades, change the oil, etc. some people find maintenance and such enjoyable. i wish i did. i just find it annoying most of the time.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:44 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by weeze View Post
i'm not knocking you for taking it. that's good what you were able to do. i just don't have the patience for that type of thing i guess. i want stuff to work like it's supposed to from the start. i just don't like fixing things to make them work. it's not that i can't do it. i can and i have many times. it just drives me insane and makes me irritable. i'm doing good to sharpen mower blades, change the oil, etc. some people find maintenance and such enjoyable. i wish i did. i just find it annoying most of the time.
Hahah.. Working on things get on my nerves to at times but I enjoy the challenge. I usually go work on these types of things in spurts take a break clear my head and go back to it. Plus one day if something messes up on my eequipment out on the sight I might be able to do a fix there cause I gained some type of experiance working on something in the past... I know nothing by the book on engine repair just a few simple things of to where to start and the rest I make up as I go... Its always like a game for me kind of like a puzzle that may just make me money in the end lol then I feel as if I hit the loto