Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-19-2013, 06:34 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
I had two crews in San Diego and then went solo for ten years. Economy tanked and I had friends and relatives needing work so now I technically have 3 different entities. From everything to do with the outside to property management and rentals. Being retired from the Army gave me a lot more time to manage things. Its a lot of logistics. Never be afraid to try new endeavours. Way more to this field than just grass.
Posted via Mobile Device

Very true, i mean from the start i advertised for anything i could do really, from power washing to staining decks, gutters. I really wanna do a money mailer for junk collection and removal. Ever dabble with that at all?
Old 03-19-2013, 07:30 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CustomGrounds View Post
Very true, i mean from the start i advertised for anything i could do really, from power washing to staining decks, gutters. I really wanna do a money mailer for junk collection and removal. Ever dabble with that at all?
Sure. Every time I have to evict somebody or buy a foreclosure there is always junk involved. Customers usually only have cars, so there is always money to be made in moving things.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-19-2013, 08:09 PM
LawnSite Member

CustomGrounds Try living by a calendar. Meaning schedule everything that needs to be done and not do things spare of the moment for a while until you can get your motivation in the right direction. That is something that I have to work on. If I dont have a schedule it seems like nothing gets done. Also try to make more things automatic such as using a good software program for your clients. I know Service Autopilot has helped me alot with that or look at jobber. In other words just try to make things simpler so you do not get over whelmed.