Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-14-2013, 01:38 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate'sLawnCare View Post
I have Invoice2go on my tablet, so I just email it to them right from the truck if I need to. Email is more efficient in my opinion. I also only invoice my contract accounts monthly, but enter the work done the day of the visit so I don't forget.
I use Invoice2go also and Square for credit cards.
All Echo hand helds
<- That's how I feel at the end of the day.
Old 03-14-2013, 01:48 PM
LawnSite Member

You only make money in this business if your efficient... I think you'll waste too much time messing with bills. Focus on trying to complete your work as fast as possible while maintaining a high standard of quality. Then do your bills one Sunday a month.
Old 03-14-2013, 02:25 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundworxky View Post
You only make money in this business if your efficient... I think you'll waste too much time messing with bills. Focus on trying to complete your work as fast as possible while maintaining a high standard of quality. Then do your bills one Sunday a month.
Completely agree. Plus if I had a maintenance co. servicing my residence I would find it a bit of a hassle to have to pay on a weekly schedule.
Old 03-14-2013, 02:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have a mobile office. I think it works great for me. I dont mow at all, Im mainly fert/squirt, tree/shrub care, and landscaping. I have always hung the invoice on the door and in an envelope.

Being mobie has helped me by not wasting paper/ink on invoices for services I couldnt complete that day via locked gate or dog being out, etc. I also am able to to put any up sales on the invoice in real time.

Every time I get to a house I knock on the door and let them know Im there and discuss the lawn for a sec. I then treat the lawn and check the grounds for any thing that needs attention. Lets say I see bag worms. I let the customer know and offer at least to spray them right then. Every lawn I go out to has the potential to go from a regular charge to double or triple sometimes. Any customer that wants walks up to me in the field and oks service will have an invoice by the time I leave. In the end it saves me time as I average 10-20 lawns a day and waiting until the end of the day adds up to a few hours of comp work a night, plus extra money in mailing an updated invoice. Any customer that wants walks up to me in the field and oks service will have an invoice by the time I leave.

I could go on and on about why Im so happy I went mobile but I figure those are reasons enough.

The equipment I have is a ram tough tray stand, a simple mobile printer, and a converter with 2 plugs(1 for the computer, 1 for the printer. I do have an Iphone with square. Printers can be very small these days.
Old 03-14-2013, 03:41 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

We have always done a 2 part invoice the client gets the yellow we get the white takes a few moments to write and at the end of the month we enter them all in and send out the bills. This was the way my former boss did it and I suspect his former boss did as well. On small scale its not bad but we can generate 700-900 jobs in a month and sorting all that and entering it cost us a full day. We are interested in converting to a tablet and a printer in each truck with the clients info already entered so its easy to just hit Mr. Smith then the date and the pre priced service print him a copy and skip ours then just download the info for billing at the end of the week or month or even day and skip all the wasted sorting and entering time each month.

Not sure if its going to work but we need to give it a try as we plan on adding a lot more accounts and the office time cannot continue to grow. I have enough invoices to last 3 or 4 months so perhaps mid season we can unveil the idea and give it a try.