Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-14-2013, 12:22 PM
LawnSite Member

Just rebranded/ Critic our website

We just re-branded and had a new site built. A lot of the content is still being built so be aware it is "under construction".

Any ideas/ or constructive criticism would help.

Thanks

NewportAveLandscaping.com
Old 03-14-2013, 12:50 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Not gonna do a detailed critique but I think the site looks very professional and is well laid out.

At a quick glance, the only thing that didn't seem to flow well with the site was the red logo and the red border in the pictures frame. It just clashes with everything else. Green or some kind of earth tone would flow much better. I do like the clean design of the logo though. Overall, nice work!

Scag mowers
++++++++++++++++++++++++++
www.ClarksvilleLawnCare.us

"Always do your best. What you plant now, you will harvest later."
-Og Mandino
Old 03-14-2013, 03:40 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade Runners View Post
Not gonna do a detailed critique but I think the site looks very professional and is well laid out.

At a quick glance, the only thing that didn't seem to flow well with the site was the red logo and the red border in the pictures frame. It just clashes with everything else. Green or some kind of earth tone would flow much better. I do like the clean design of the logo though. Overall, nice work!
Thanks for the feedback!
Old 03-15-2013, 08:45 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I agree with above poster about the red. It is a little hard on the eyes. If red is the design of your logo, I would just change the red background underneath the slideshow of pictures.

Overall, I think it is a clean site w/ easy navigation. That alone should put you ahead of most of the competition.

Some suggestions:

1. Below the slideshow of pictures on the home page, I would put the text (Landscaping Central Oregon...) in some sort of list form. It would be much easier to read and a better overall appearance in my opinion.

2. I would make your testimonials page a separate tab instead of hiding it under "About"

3. Consider adding a "Home" tab to the left of "Landscaping Services" b/c the potential clients might not know to click on the Logo to get back to the home page.

4. If you are going to blog, you need to update it at least weekly. Remember that blogging is as much about search engines as it is about information and education. If you can't commit to regularly blogging, I would just get rid of it.

5. I would consider limiting the total amount of information on the site. I think a potential customer is already going to understand what each service is as long as you list it. I think showing spectacular pictures of the actual services you've performed is a much better use of space on the internet. People don't care about words, they buy with their eyes.

6. Put yourself in the shoes of those you are trying to convince to purchase your services. If you were hiring a contractor to remodel your kitchen, what will you be looking for? Would you care how long they have been servicing the area? Would you care about the number of years of experience they have? Yes, some of those build trust, but you can build that trust with a more detailed explanation on your about page.

Remember most of the people coming to your website are going to be new (hopefully). They don't care what your current customers previously knew you as. You are trying to convince them of what you currently are. "A Full Service Landscaping Company who has the knowledge and ability to make your landscape beautiful." You are tryiing to improve their lives by saving them time, giving them an outdoor space to relax and enjoy with the family, or whatever other reason people purchase landscaping services. I'm not being critical, just trying to help you remember that it is about the customer, not you or your company.

7. Work on the about page. Add a personal touch, show a picture of your family or include your hobbies outside of work. Talk about what great employees you have and how they do a good job of servicing the customer. Don't put two paragraphs about yourself and one sentence about each employee. Not only will the employee appreciate the kind words, but it will help the potential customer build trust with the other people in the company they will be working with.

Include a profesional photo of each employee you list on the Staff Page (yes, drop a few bucks for you and each employee you list). Remember to keep it customer centric. As proud as you are of what you've built (and you should be!), you are trying to convince people to choose you instead of the hundreds of other contractors in your area.

Hope this helps.
Old 03-17-2013, 11:02 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade Runners View Post

I closed my eyes and prepared myself for the first impression. The red looked to be too much at first glance. The bottom panel was big. Looks really good all in all.