Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 06-29-2013, 04:52 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Sorry if this is hijacking the thread but are any of you guys having starting issues with your Timemaster"s? Have begun to experience this with mine.
Old 06-29-2013, 05:28 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjessen View Post
Sorry if this is hijacking the thread but are any of you guys having starting issues with your Timemaster"s? Have begun to experience this with mine.
Last year when I bought mine it was a hassle fest to start ....as soon as I left the dealer.

Mine has electric start and at times can be a PITA to start.

Had mine checked out by dealer last year, out of warranty and the mechanic said it was fine....?

I tolerate it...it has gotten a bit easier to start...

At first I was under the impression float level was too high...? I have not monkeyed with it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-29-2013, 05:43 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact Rototilling View Post
Last year when I bought mine it was a hassle fest to start ....as soon as I left the dealer.

Mine has electric start and at times can be a PITA to start.

Had mine checked out by dealer last year, out of warranty and the mechanic said it was fine....?

I tolerate it...it has gotten a bit easier to start...

At first I was under the impression float level was too high...? I have not monkeyed with it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks.

The thing start fine when warm but takes anywhere from 1-10 pulls when cold. No rhyme nor reason to it.
Old 06-29-2013, 09:16 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Thanks.

The thing start fine when warm but takes anywhere from 1-10 pulls when cold. No rhyme nor reason to it.
mine doesnt have trouble starting but it takes about 1 minute to speed up to full throttle when you start it 1st time each morning. annoying
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-07-2013, 10:22 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

does anyone use their timemaster for leaf mulching or bagging in the fall? i just sold my quick 36 which i used a lot for that and was wondering if i should get a 2nd timemaster but also need something i can use on leaves. generally, i mulch leaves in all my lawns as they fall, on a weekly basis.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-07-2013, 12:45 PM
LawnSite Member

Lawnsaspire--what level are you cutting? If you have the Turfmaster blades and are not trying to mulch tons of leaves on a close cut lawn, you should be okay. The Timemaster blades are probably better for mulching leaves but if you ar catching the leaves I would use the Turfmaster blades for a bit of extra suction. Exact is a "blade ho" and I am a vacuum ho.

I bought and installed the flow baffle from the Turfmaster and I feel it provides better vac, particularly the discharge side. I am not claiming that it will perform magic tricks; but for $22 and 10 min to install, I have installed them on my other 3 Timemasters. It bolts under the deck with 4 existing fasteners.

Just for giggles I used an HRC the other day and it took forever to mow when compared to the 30" decks.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-07-2013, 03:44 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stansoph View Post
Lawnsaspire--what level are you cutting? If you have the Turfmaster blades and are not trying to mulch tons of leaves on a close cut lawn, you should be okay. The Timemaster blades are probably better for mulching leaves but if you ar catching the leaves I would use the Turfmaster blades for a bit of extra suction. Exact is a "blade ho" and I am a vacuum ho.

I bought and installed the flow baffle from the Turfmaster and I feel it provides better vac, particularly the discharge side. I am not claiming that it will perform magic tricks; but for $22 and 10 min to install, I have installed them on my other 3 Timemasters. It bolts under the deck with 4 existing fasteners.

Just for giggles I used an HRC the other day and it took forever to mow when compared to the 30" decks.
Posted via Mobile Device
So, are you saying it mulches better?
Old 07-07-2013, 05:17 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
So, are you saying it mulches better?
let me more clear. i've never used the timemaster on leaves. this is my 1st yr w it. i'm trying decide if it would be a suitable mower for weekly leaf mulching in the fall since i just my bop mower which was a primary mower i used for leaves in smaller yards. now i only use 2 main mowers, a v ride and a timemaster. should i buy a 2nd t30 or something better suited for leaves in fall? this is what i'mtrying to decide.
[size=1][i]Posted
Old 07-07-2013, 06:43 PM
LawnSite Member

Are you planning on double cutting? I don't think it mulches any better or worse than any of the 21's out now. It does however mulch 9" more leaves than a 21.��

The baffle helps the mulching ability a little, the deck doesn't pack up as bad. It will give you fair warning before it pukes it all out on the lawn. With regard to leaf mulching, as long as you don't try to run over a leaf pile you should be fine.

I'm hacked off at the qoc at low levels. I cut the majority of my accounts with TruCut reels.. There is that beautiful line down the center of the pass, rwmining you that there are 2 blades cutting. Real fing ugly sometimes.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-07-2013, 10:44 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stansoph View Post
Are you planning on double cutting? I don't think it mulches any better or worse than any of the 21's out now. It does however mulch 9" more leaves than a 21.��

The baffle helps the mulching ability a little, the deck doesn't pack up as bad. It will give you fair warning before it pukes it all out on the lawn. With regard to leaf mulching, as long as you don't try to run over a leaf pile you should be fine.

I'm hacked off at the qoc at low levels. I cut the majority of my accounts with TruCut reels.. There is that beautiful line down the center of the pass, rwmining you that there are 2 blades cutting. Real fing ugly sometimes.
Posted via Mobile Device
What kind of grass are you cutting there with a reel?