Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-06-2013, 10:46 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Lawnaspire,

Really not sure .... 200- 400 hours maybe....? The mower shows signs if wear on the wheels....I do find myself using it more this year since the TurfMaster blades bag much better. I hate bagging with a passion and I typically won't take on accounts that request it. Land of GHS Walkers here. Valuable organic nutrients hauled off in mass.....but sometimes you gotta bag....and when you do on small lawn a rear bagger non 21" rocks.

The TimeMaster should ship with the higher lift blades....?.....that ship on the TurfMaster....?

Supposedly there are commercial Exmark/Toro specific TurfMaster mulching blades that can be ordered for use with the front mulch baffle.....?....? I have not chased this down.

Maybe the Toro/Exmark rep can chime in....?....?

We all know they watch these threads.

Still my Quick BOP Duallys are faster and easier to use with reduced throttle for pass #1 when mulching. Pass #2 is full throttle. Absolutely love the Quick Duallys....

I'd Rather Be Flying
Always Looking for Greener Grass
Always Looking for Better Mower Blades ™
Say "YES" to higher mowing heights.

Last edited by Exact Rototilling; 06-06-2013 at 10:53 AM.
Old 06-06-2013, 10:48 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjessen View Post
One note about the Timemaster. The height of cut settings on 2013 models are 1/4" off. The manual says the gas tank holds enough gas for approx. 1 hour run time.
Is it off on the up or down side? I have never verified mine.

If a larger tank option could be found....? This would be a worthy modification/ upgrade for the non homeowner.

When the Lawn Solutions WB aerator first came out with this.same basic engine and same tank....there was much hate for the tiny tank. David keep saying options were being.explored. Not sure what ever became of that....?

I'd Rather Be Flying

Last edited by Exact Rototilling; 06-06-2013 at 10:57 AM.
Old 06-06-2013, 11:05 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valk View Post
How's the quality of cut compared to your Scag, Q36 & Honda?
Compared to the Q32 and Q36.....it will never match the tight cut of these mowers.

With the Higher lift TurfMaster blades it is pretty solid.

On my yBravo25 I run an assortment of non-standard blades that also deliver a tighter cut than OEM....

I'd Rather Be Flying
Old 06-06-2013, 08:41 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact Rototilling View Post
Is it off on the up or down side? I have never verified mine.

If a larger tank option could be found....? This would be a worthy modification/ upgrade for the non homeowner.

When the Lawn Solutions WB aerator first came out with this.same basic engine and same tank....there was much hate for the tiny tank. David keep saying options were being.explored. Not sure what ever became of that....?
1/4th inch higher. Top height is 4 and 1/4".
Old 06-06-2013, 11:51 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valk View Post
How's the quality of cut compared to your Scag, Q36 & Honda?
The Cut quality in my opinion is very good. The Quick 36 deck get's stuffed up just as bad as the Timemaster in thick fertilized grass. Of course I haven't done all the blade experiments on my 36 that Exact has. Also I wasn't using the high lifts. No cut beats the Scag when blades are sharp and deck is clean. I think it offers a great cut. You have to double cut some of this high spring growth, but it left stripes when I did it. I can't decide whether to get it or the Turfmaster. The only real concern on the Timemaster is the Briggs Engine and the Personal Pace drive setup. But the transmissions on the comm model is suspect right now also. Plus the ho model is more light and nimble. What to do What to do? I'll decide by Monday. After using my friends I feel like I can't do with out at least one of them. I feel like this mower was invented with my business and lawns in mind if that makes sense.
Quick 36 Ninja WB
21" Honda HRX
Husqvarna 223L trimmer!
Echo Blowers
Kawasaki BP Blower
Toro & Ariens snowblowers

"I mow alone, with nobody else. Yes you know when I mow alone, I prefer to be by myself." Matt Thorogood

"All those in the memorial tombs will come out" -John 5:28

"The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them"- Revelation 20:13
Old 06-07-2013, 12:42 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Also, I forgot to mention that the engine on my friend's Timemaster would surge when blades not engaged. Cause of concern.
Quick 36 Ninja WB
21" Honda HRX
Husqvarna 223L trimmer!
Echo Blowers
Kawasaki BP Blower

"I mow alone, with nobody else. Yes you know when I mow alone, I prefer to be by myself." Matt Thorogood

"The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them"- Revelation 20:13
Old 06-07-2013, 11:05 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnsaspire View Post
Also, I forgot to mention that the engine on my friend's Timemaster would surge when blades not engaged. Cause of concern.
Mine also does this from time to time has blown up yet.

Quote:
The Cut quality in my opinion is very good. The Quick 36 deck get's stuffed up just as bad as the Timemaster in thick fertilized grass. Of course I haven't done all the blade experiments on my 36 that Exact has. Also I wasn't using the high lifts. No cut beats the Scag when blades are sharp and deck is clean. I think it offers a great cut. You have to double cut some of this high spring growth, but it left stripes when I did it. I can't decide whether to get it or the Turfmaster. The only real concern on the Timemaster is the Briggs Engine and the Personal Pace drive setup. But the transmissions on the comm model is suspect right now also. Plus the ho model is more light and nimble. What to do What to do? I'll decide by Monday. After using my friends I feel like I can't do with out at least one of them. I feel like this mower was invented with my business and lawns in mind if that makes sense.
Have you demo'ed a Exmark or Toro TurfMaster yet....? If you did...I missed that.

Have you had a chance to run the TurfMaster blades on the TimeMaster yet...?

I'd Rather Be Flying
Old 06-07-2013, 12:18 PM
LawnSite Member

Turfmaster blades on the Timemaster make a huge difference. I think you friend would find they are much better.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-07-2013, 11:10 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact Rototilling View Post
Mine also does this from time to time has blown up yet.

Have you demo'ed a Exmark or Toro TurfMaster yet....? If you did...I missed that.

Have you had a chance to run the TurfMaster blades on the TimeMaster yet...?
No I used the stock blades. I haven't demoed the Turfmaster. I Will be making a purchase early next wk. Plus I hit a water marker with my Honda today and now it's vibrating violently so I have to get another mower. ( Blades not bent) I'm leaning toward Timemaster, use it for at least two years as primary mower, and then go to the Turfmaster as all the 1st year bugs will be ironed out by then one would hope.
Quick 36 Ninja WB
21" Honda HRX
Husqvarna 223L trimmer!
Echo Blowers
Kawasaki BP Blower

Old 06-07-2013, 11:41 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
No I used the stock blades. I haven't demoed the Turfmaster. I Will be making a purchase early next wk. Plus I hit a water marker with my Honda today and now it's vibrating violently so I have to get another mower. ( Blades not bent) I'm leaning toward Timemaster, use it for at least two years as primary mower, and then go to the Turfmaster as all the 1st year bugs will be ironed out by then one would hope.
If you're stuck bagging.... the TurfMaster blades make a very noticeable difference.
Posted via Mobile Device