Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 06-10-2013, 06:40 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

My $0.02 again:
Go ethanol-free fwiw. Use mid-grade or better yet premium e-free for your 2 stroke equipment.

Personally, I like playing Witch Doctor and using Seafoam in any of my equipment's fuel on an occasional basis and for Winterization purposes.

BUT, for me at least, I determined that Startron is best used in 4-stroke fuel/equipment...and NOT in 2-stroke fuel/equipment. JMO.
Some folks are so contrary that if they fell into a river,
they'd insist on floating upstream.
~ Josh Billings
Old 06-10-2013, 07:07 PM
LawnSite Member

I can't get ethanol free except in 87 octane without a long drive so will probably stick to 89 or 93 with 10%. I do use Seafoam and Stabil on occasion or at least one of them in each of my 5 gal cans. Think the B&S product may be good for both 4 and 2 stroke. If I use the B&S product in my Big Block they can't argue if I have issues.
Old 06-10-2013, 08:04 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmmower View Post
I can't get ethanol free except in 87 octane without a long drive so will probably stick to 89 or 93 with 10%. I do use Seafoam and Stabil on occasion or at least one of them in each of my 5 gal cans. Think the B&S product may be good for both 4 and 2 stroke. If I use the B&S product in my Big Block they can't argue if I have issues.
exactly. youll spend way more money doing that than jsut buying a new $30 carb every 6 or 7 years
Old 06-11-2013, 12:02 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
They can't anyway. The Magnuson/Moss act was passed to prevent companies from denying warranty work because someone uses a product other than the original manu's. They will have to prove that you using Sea-Foam, Star tron or Sta-Bil ethanol treatment etc., was the direct cause of any issue you have.
Old 06-11-2013, 01:32 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

sent modern engines designed for ethanol anyway?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-11-2013, 09:02 AM
LawnSite Member

Ridin Green is correct but I think the largest mfgr of small engines probably has done as good a research as anyone on what is good for their engines. Probably all these additives, if necessary at all as Bird suggests, probably do the job of keeping moisture down. Some E-10 gas may be older than expected by the time it leaves refiner and is used by consumer. Besides can we believe that any regs by EPA are created or regulated in good faith?
Old 06-11-2013, 01:31 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Ridin Green is correct but I think the largest mfgr of small engines probably has done as good a research as anyone on what is good for their engines. Probably all these additives, if necessary at all as Bird suggests, probably do the job of keeping moisture down. Some E-10 gas may be older than expected by the time it leaves refiner and is used by consumer. Besides can we believe that any regs by EPA are created or regulated in good faith?
True that!