Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-16-2013, 01:29 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

What do you think of this design.

Any thing you would change. Keep in mind this is a rough CAD/sketch. Demensions are a bit off, but you get the idea. The house is ugly as hell right now. but landscaping it should get it looking great.

tell me what you think for the first draft of the landscape renovation. Presently there is a horrible deck taking up his entire backyard we will be ripping out.
Attached Images

Insured and Licensed
Old 03-16-2013, 01:30 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Here are some more pictures
Attached Images

Insured and Licensed
Old 03-16-2013, 01:35 AM
LawnSite Member

What do you think of this design.

Off topic but how did you attach your photos to your post? Can't figure out how to do it.
Old 03-16-2013, 01:37 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

haha, go to advanced and theres a little paper clip icon, and click that, then find the pictures you want to upload from your computer and then upload them onto the site. Once they are in your upload file you can submit your post anytime and they will be attached.

Insured and Licensed
Old 03-16-2013, 09:01 AM
LawnSite Member

What program do you guys use to create these sketches? Just moving up from lawn maintance to designing and Im not going into school for it for another year and a half now so just wondering what you guys use?
1995 Ford 7.3L powerstroke dump
1997 Ford 7.3L powerstroke dump
2005 Ford F350 powerstroke w/ fisher mm2
1986 Case Skidsteer
1999 Daewoo 1785L skidsteer
Belmar 7x18 Equipment
Lark 8x18 enclosed
Belmar 6x14 open
Wright Sentar Sport RH & Stander
Everride Hornet ZTR
Honda push mowers
Redmax backpacks, trimmers, and handhelds
Dolmar chainsaws
Old 03-16-2013, 03:14 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

This was with sketch up, I might take the plunge and buy dynascape this year. It's like 4k but with sketch up I have a problem with the planes. If you are on a different plane(.01 mm off) the lines won't match up to be able to fill in..
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-16-2013, 03:15 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

This was with sketch up, I might take the plunge and buy dynascape this year. It's like 4k but with sketch up I have a problem with the planes. If you are on a different plane(.01 mm off) the lines won't match up to be able to fill in.. And there are very limited paver / color selections
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-16-2013, 04:47 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

To answer your question, I think your design looks great for that property. Your selection is good. It will make that house have some curb appeal.
Old 03-16-2013, 11:48 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLONGLANDSCAPING View Post
Any thing you would change. Keep in mind this is a rough CAD/sketch. Demensions are a bit off, but you get the idea. The house is ugly as hell right now. but landscaping it should get it looking great.

tell me what you think for the first draft of the landscape renovation. Presently there is a horrible deck taking up his entire backyard we will be ripping out.
Talk about a tall narrow house. Will take some big material to bring it down to size. What is the depth on those beds? Like the plant selection and the bed shapes. Are both pink and purple plant symbols hydrangeas? I like the paver work you have laid out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLONGLANDSCAPING View Post
This was with sketch up, I might take the plunge and buy dynascape this year. It's like 4k but with sketch up I have a problem with the planes. If you are on a different plane(.01 mm off) the lines won't match up to be able to fill in..
Posted via Mobile Device
You might look at Pro Contractor Studio. It doesn't do 3D drawings but it does a good job for integrated 2D Plant layouts & Irrigation plans. I have gotten many compliments on work I have done on there. Its a subscription for $300 or so a year or you can buy by month or buy it out-right. If you do irrigation I would go with the subscription, because it comes with product spec updates if you purchase the subscription. It's pretty user friendly. If you were able to do that in sketch-up you shouldn't have any problems. What PCS lacks in landscape layout capabilities, it more that makes up in irrigation design functions. Especially if you have to have drawings to pull prints where you work.
Old 03-17-2013, 01:42 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastTexasProscapesLLC View Post
Talk about a tall narrow house. Will take some big material to bring it down to size. What is the depth on those beds? Like the plant selection and the bed shapes. Are both pink and purple plant symbols hydrangeas? I like the paver work you have laid out.

You might look at Pro Contractor Studio. It doesn't do 3D drawings but it does a good job for integrated 2D Plant layouts & Irrigation plans. I have gotten many compliments on work I have done on there. Its a subscription for $300 or so a year or you can buy by month or buy it out-right. If you do irrigation I would go with the subscription, because it comes with product spec updates if you purchase the subscription. It's pretty user friendly. If you were able to do that in sketch-up you shouldn't have any problems. What PCS lacks in landscape layout capabilities, it more that makes up in irrigation design functions. Especially if you have to have drawings to pull prints where you work.
Thanks for the kudos, Both pink and purple plant symbols were hydrangeas. I did a little bit more to the CAD design tonight. Reshaped the patio to the true dimensions of the backyard, added a grille area so it wouldnt take up the patio room, and re-lined all of the paver walkways. Also, his clients wife refuses to take away the pillars,(but the lights dont work) so i added a design for the pillars to be re-capped and a planter placed on top. Just have to run drip irrigation to the planter and we are all set.

What do you think of the semi-finish product. I took out the line of boxwoods because the bed depth wasnt big enough from my rough sketch to the actual demension of the bed.

Insured and Licensed