Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-17-2013, 01:44 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

for got to upload the pictures of the design.
Attached Images

Insured and Licensed
Old 03-17-2013, 01:45 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Here is one more where you can see the shape of everything better.
Attached Images

Insured and Licensed
Old 03-17-2013, 07:51 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

just pulled an all nighter to get this CAD design together. I only have the front done, but pretty much the entire backyard will be pavers with a fire pit, and a outdoor kitchen area as well.

Took me about 6 hours to do the house, and another 2 to do the landscaping. I think the design is worthless unless the customer can actually see their house.

What do you guys think?

Im not loving the left side of the walkway. so i need to figure out a way to change it. They want a walkway going to their driveway as well, so i wanted to incorporate two walkways instead of one.
Attached Images

Insured and Licensed
Old 03-17-2013, 09:47 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

no one on here ever likes my designs but I'll give my opinion anyway. Too many green meatballs. Ha ha ha. Or they may be too close. They will have to be trimmed really tight to keep em small and uniform with eachother. But you did a nice job on it all.
Old 03-17-2013, 10:21 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildstarblazer View Post
no one on here ever likes my designs but I'll give my opinion anyway. Too many green meatballs. Ha ha ha. Or they may be too close. They will have to be trimmed really tight to keep em small and uniform with eachother. But you did a nice job on it all.
Haha, agreed!!! They want a uniformed hedge, so the meat bills will grow into a sausage in a couple years.

Insured and Licensed
Old 03-17-2013, 10:23 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I just want to also show people on here the sizes of the houses in my area, granted this is literally the smallest property u can have, it's a 3 story 3400 sq foot house that this young couple just bought for 1.3 million.... His dad owns a local mortgage company (shore mortgage)

Insured and Licensed
Old 03-17-2013, 10:45 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Looks really great! How did you learn sketch up? Everytime I try do do something like that it never seems to do what I want.
Old 03-17-2013, 11:30 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLONGLANDSCAPING View Post
I just want to also show people on here the sizes of the houses in my area, granted this is literally the smallest property u can have, it's a 3 story 3400 sq foot house that this young couple just bought for 1.3 million.... His dad owns a local mortgage company (shore mortgage)
I know exactly what you mean about the houses here. I think that design looks great for that house. Definitely using all the space right, especially the backyard. Some people try to shove too much into too little. I think it will definitely set the house apart in that subdivision, which in my area all of the houses that price look exactly the same

20 Years Old
Ford
Bob-Cat
Echo, Redmax, Stihl

Equipment/Work
Old 03-17-2013, 12:31 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I wish I had time to do those 3d drawings. Just kinda like to get a few hours of sleep each night. Looks good! With that tall of a home, I would make those beds as deep as possible and use some really tall material. Couldn't reed all the plant labels on my phone, you probably have some pretty tallaterial on the led side, you might sweep a curve of bed even in front of the walk going to the driveway. It's hard to say, since the lot is so small.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-17-2013, 12:34 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody S. View Post
I know exactly what you mean about the houses here. I think that design looks great for that house. Definitely using all the space right, especially the backyard. Some people try to shove too much into too little. I think it will definitely set the house apart in that subdivision, which in my area all of the houses that price look exactly the same
Couldn't agree more. Don't make it look full the day you put it in. I want it to look full years to come. Not overgrown.
Posted via Mobile Device