Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 01-18-2009, 08:55 PM

photo's are not for week stomach

Ok so im not sure if this should be in the photo section or not, but i do have a important message about getting to comfortable around our equiptment. Ive been maken firewood for 13 years now been cutting for longer. Tgis is proof that accidents can happen to any one at any time. well any ways what happened was i got my hand stuck in between a log and push plate on one of my splitters
Old 01-18-2009, 09:30 PM

Damn hope those are old pics if not get well soon.
Old 01-19-2009, 10:46 AM

Thanks, They were taken in november 08. I have some movement in my index finger now and goen to PT 2x a week, and goen stir crazy
Old 01-19-2009, 03:21 PM

Well get better and try to work smarter lol we all get in a hurry i cut my arm and chest with a trim saw. so i feel ya
Old 03-12-2009, 03:46 PM

I have been splitting wood for at least 10 years now. I have made it a habit to not do it by myself. I added a boom to mine and the hose blow out and dropped the log instantly. The boom missed my head by inches. It knocked my hat off. Since then I have someone come with me and check on me regularly. I didn't get hurt but scared the snot out of me. Good luck on your recovery hope this are better.
Old 04-07-2009, 12:03 AM

Hey I'm coming in on this late according to the date but I got to tell about my very sprained wrist. I tried to stop a top on rope as it had come off the "natural" crotch I was useing to lower from. So i had a good 150 - 200 Lb cunhk on rope and it's wizzing through my hand and I'm tryin my best to slow it down. Goes to show we need to slow down and think. You are so correct it can happen to anyone at any time!!!!:o
Old 04-08-2009, 10:05 PM

just a quick update, i got the pins out of my hand, still in pt 3 times a week, pointer finger is at 95% middlefinger is at 50% for range of motion. and this last apt. i had 2degrees of movement in my 1st joint, not much but it took 6 months so its getting there.i cant wait to get back to working i miss cutting.