Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 09-10-2008, 12:48 AM

Cool, Hadn't seen the grinder before. Have to ck out your site for pricing. If I remember right, your name is Dave?
Old 09-10-2008, 10:58 AM

Yep I'm Dave,
The stumper has not been priced as it will not be available till TCI expo.
Old 09-10-2008, 12:12 PM

What is the power head? Can you get diesel? It looks awful good in that vid. You have hyd. left and right and up and down and the in/out is provided by the mini skid? Didn't seem to see the unit idle or disengage. Can it? If not what if you get bogged? You'll sell a meeeeeelion of them. (Austin Powers reference).
Old 09-12-2008, 10:31 PM

Attachment 22 Here is a new implement we've added to the Dingo. It is for pinching the root ball hydraulically on b and b stock and loading, unloading, moving or planting it. Just like in the nursery. My (Certified Arborist) groundman has dubbed the unit "the ball squeezer"! :waving:
Old 09-13-2008, 09:20 PM

Those mini's are very versatile, huh? Never really thought of using one for tree work..........never seen anyone around here use one at least.
Old 09-13-2008, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stihl200 View Post
Those mini's are very versatile, huh? Never really thought of using one for tree work..........never seen anyone around here use one at least.
They are amazing IMO. Can go thru a 36" gate, pick up a 1200 lb plus log, drag a massive pile of brush, pull over trees with no come a long, keep a groundy in your employment longer, etc. etc. and are very low impact.

If you do not have and use one in the current market you are falling noticeably behind (again IMO).
Old 09-13-2008, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by treevet View Post
They are amazing IMO. Can go thru a 36" gate, pick up a 1200 lb plus log, drag a massive pile of brush, pull over trees with no come a long, keep a groundy in your employment longer, etc. etc. and are very low impact.

If you do not have and use one in the current market you are falling noticeably behind (again IMO).
Like I said, never seen one around here being used......not even a full size skid. I don't know of ANYONE with them around here................our labor & "equipment" for brush and logs are amigos & cranes....no offense.
Old 09-13-2008, 10:17 PM

None taken, they are all over the place around here. I have a 12 ton 70 foot plus 22 foot jib crane, a winch truck that will carry 3000 lbs. and often sub big crane company. This little unimposing in appearance machine makes things go so easy and quick that the only worry sometimes is the client thinking they are paying too much.

You would have to work one on a inaccessable (sp?) back yard tree or watch another crew to get it. It took me by surprise. Been in biz for almost 40 years now.
Old 09-13-2008, 11:02 PM

PS.....Welcome

PS....Welcome!
Old 09-13-2008, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by treevet View Post
Double posted previous in error.

Just for a little fun I'll list some important occurrences I have witnessed that are important over my 40 year career. They are not in order of degree of importance but rather sort of in order of occurring.

1. Climbing chainsaws. We used to tie a mid size chainsaw in tree on a climbing rope and a taught line hitch. and work it down and out to cuts.

2. Manilla (hemp) rope/lines to 3 strand esterlon and then to braid.

3. The POS McCullough Power Mac 6 climbing chainsaw to the Stihl 015 (I got one of the 1st on the East coast when I lived in New Jersey). Stihl saws.

4. Dr. Alex Shigo (R.I.P.) My and many's teacher.

5. Camming device on lanyard.

6. Pole chain saw.

7. General accepted use of aerial lift trucks.

8. Crane assisted tree removals. I began doing them in 1977.

9. Elimination of general purpose cover sprays (that were done on a daily basis).

10. Auto feed chippers- large capacity. Good bye to chuck and duck.

11. Arborist's forums.

12. Mini skid steers with multiple attachments that are very low impact.

I probably could think of more. Anyone want to add or disagree?
2 more I forgot:

13. Jameson fiberglass poles in place of wooden warping splintering easy breaking ones. Currently I am in love with the telescoping one that can be used with slingshot.......so

14. slingshot, throw line combination with fiberglass pole.