Register free!

Old 09-14-2008, 01:20 AM

and....Bollard friction device to Porty

Double braid lowering lines
Old 09-20-2008, 12:32 AM

We just finished a week in a storm disaster area, my home town. It is truly amazing what this tiny machine does for what it appears to be. Dragging giant piles of brush a football field distance through a path in the woods. Picking 1k plus chunks of wood and scooting them over and into a dump trailer. Pulling trees over and hangers down. Moving stump grindings. Now they are adding a stump grinder to attachments. I am not a salesman but that might be the easiest job on the planet at this time. Dingo 525 Track narrow width.
Old 10-01-2008, 05:56 PM

AWESOME new machine...

I love the mini skids. Never operated a Dingo, will it fit through a 36'' gate.

Use to do some sub work with a company out of San Diego, CA who has a Ram Rod with a grapple those guys are worth their weight in gold in a lot of situations in my opinion.

I am liking this sight alot.

Mike

What year and how much did you pick it up for? If you dont mind me asking.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canyonbc View Post
AWESOME new machine...

I love the mini skids. Never operated a Dingo, will it fit through a 36'' gate.

Use to do some sub work with a company out of San Diego, CA who has a Ram Rod with a grapple those guys are worth their weight in gold in a lot of situations in my opinion.

I am liking this sight alot.

Mike

What year and how much did you pick it up for? If you dont mind me asking.
Yes it will fit thru a 36 incher. Profile is less than 34 inches I believe.

I just got it after demo ing one for a week. It is brand new with currently 25 hours.

I bought it on a slight sale for 19,400, with platform and narrow bucket. Get the narrow track (for 34"inch access") and get the diesel (525 as opposed to 425 gas), more torque and longetivity (sp?). I got the grapple rake 2650 and hyd. tree ball squeezer was about 1300. Tomorrow I am getting a double capacity bucket to use for stump grindings and next I am having the stump grinder attachment demoed. I already have stump grinders but no walk behinds.

It is a little hard to imagine but we now can do most any removal with just the Dingo and 14X6 foot dump trailer where before we brought in a winch truck and/or the 12 ton 70 foot plus jib crane. Unbelieveable the time dif. Only problem is job appears to be easier than the price warrants to the client maybe.
Old 10-01-2008, 10:21 PM

maybe check the specs on a Boxer 320D, "Tree Guy special" diesel, 34.5 wide track, BMG grapple, and Mulch Bucket $18,999, The gas package is only $16,049

http://www.topnotchequipment.com/esh..._Equipment.htm

Treevet, goodluck with that grinder I think I know a guy witha slighty used Dingo one he would probably sell you
Old 10-01-2008, 10:30 PM

There's a better chance I'll buy yours than his. I get a PITA stump done for free and see if as I suspect that the front to back sweep of the Dingo unit makes a major mess and isn't up to the job. We'll see.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:34 PM

That would be cool, will I meet you in Milwaukee?
Old 10-02-2008, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by treevet View Post
Yes it will fit thru a 36 incher. Profile is less than 34 inches I believe.

I just got it after demo ing one for a week. It is brand new with currently 25 hours.

I bought it on a slight sale for 19,400, with platform and narrow bucket. Get the narrow track (for 34"inch access") and get the diesel (525 as opposed to 425 gas), more torque and longetivity (sp?). I got the grapple rake 2650 and hyd. tree ball squeezer was about 1300. Tomorrow I am getting a double capacity bucket to use for stump grindings and next I am having the stump grinder attachment demoed. I already have stump grinders but no walk behinds.

It is a little hard to imagine but we now can do most any removal with just the Dingo and 14X6 foot dump trailer where before we brought in a winch truck and/or the 12 ton 70 foot plus jib crane. Unbelieveable the time dif. Only problem is job appears to be easier than the price warrants to the client maybe.
Thanks for the info.

A 12 ton crane at 70 ft is perfect in mind...and a great asset for those specific applications...but i agree technology and everything is evolving and being innovated so fast its crazy to think what they industry will be like 10, 20, 50 years from now.

I know when i ran the ram rod is had two switches for the oil pumps...if you were just rolling around or carrying nothing you could shut it down to one pump running but if you were going full boar with a stump grind you could ad it on.

I agree with the diesel though and think the longevity will be there.

In regards to stump grinder i spoke with a guy who owns a Kanga from another site and his grinder has additional engine about the stump grinder

A. to make it easier on the machine
B. Pumped up his grinder to a much stronger machine

I am do not know if it is only in Australlia or what.

Anyone know anything about this.

Not trying to change the thread.
Old 10-02-2008, 12:32 AM

Wait a minute i just looked at the picture above and it has a additional engine on it.

Never mind my question
Old 10-02-2008, 12:52 AM

Yeah, Canyon Mike, also I think the weight of the engine above the grinder would add some ballast.

TNT Tree above sells the unit. Dave is debuting the unit in milwaukee (sp?). Not sure when that is. That is when the price will be listed I think.