Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 10-20-2008, 08:51 PM

We took our Dingo through a 35 inch gate today with no chance of any other entrance. Just looking at it initially I thought "no way" but from now on I can just measure and know for sure. It did a whole lot of work putting logs and brush over an embankment. How to keep the groundies: happy..........:D
Old 10-28-2008, 04:54 PM

equipment

treevet -- I sure like your equipment. Very few tree companies around here have what you have. Congrats on your business. BTW Vermeer is made less than an hour away from me in Pella, IA. (so are Pella windows) Those Hollanders sure know how to manufacture quality products. :waving:
Old 10-28-2008, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanlawn View Post
treevet -- I sure like your equipment. Very few tree companies around here have what you have. Congrats on your business. BTW Vermeer is made less than an hour away from me in Pella, IA. (so are Pella windows) Those Hollanders sure know how to manufacture quality products. :waving:
Thanks for the nice words, Americanlawn. Here is the latest addition. Bought from Vermeer (used obviously). What a great company to do business with. I now have 2 vermeer chippers and 2 stump grinders. Wouldn't think of buying from anyone else.Attachment 167
Old 10-28-2008, 11:23 PM

Nice machine,

I have one question on the new 2000 how are the infeed rollers, on the side or top and bottom?

What do you prefer?

Mike
Old 10-29-2008, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canyonbc View Post
Nice machine,

I have one question on the new 2000 how are the infeed rollers, on the side or top and bottom?

What do you prefer?

Mike
Thanks Mike, I downloaded info on the new one which is now the BC2100, not because I can afford it but because I was curious. Seems they changed the new one from up and down rollers to horizontal. Just seems to me that the but will have to go over the bottom roller where in the previous model it did not. But, hey, they gotta be geniuses with all they design and I forget how to tie my shoes sometimes. :D

Couple of neat things on this older unit. Hydraulic side to side and bonnet up and down on the chute. Double sided knives. These are a couple of things I will appreciate along with the huge capacity compared to my other chipper. We fed some huge logs with the Dingo yesterday and it didn't even burp a little.
Old 10-29-2008, 02:19 PM

Thats Awesome,

Ya they are beast..

I am not sure why they went to a side design, I am sure right they have some reason or another to make it better.

I was working for another company a week or so back and they have a 1400 xl with the side rollers only complaint they had was chipping dead manzanita it was shatter and got stuck on the outside of the rollers twice jamming it up....stop the machine undo the springs and was able to clean it out.

Granted Manzanita is incredibly hard stuff to chip especially when dead...explodes when it hits the drums.

Awesome though...post some pics of the Dingo having some fun with the new beast.

If you dont mind me asking what year, hours and how much did you pay?

Mike
Old 10-29-2008, 09:13 PM

It is a 98 Mike, has 2800 hours and they (Vermeer) were asking $25k and I got it for a little less. It is in real good shape except for cosmetics. New drum, knives, bearings are fine and engine, belts etc. no probs.

I scouted a lot on the internet while shopping. That is part of the fun. Hunt and kill :D
Old 10-29-2008, 11:18 PM

Great pick up.

Cosemtic stuff doesnt matter when your pulling in that much big wood.

How many jobs have you got it on now?

What engine is on it?
What do the bid boys weigh, takes a truck and a half to pull that and a load of chips.

Sorry for all the questions not use to using the BIG chippers on a daily basis

Mike
Old 10-30-2008, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canyonbc View Post
Great pick up.

Cosemtic stuff doesnt matter when your pulling in that much big wood.

How many jobs have you got it on now?

What engine is on it?
What do the bid boys weigh, takes a truck and a half to pull that and a load of chips.

Sorry for all the questions not use to using the BIG chippers on a daily basis

Mike
I got it to try it out yesterday and bought it and used it all day today. Very impressive as the one I have, bc1250 w autofeed and 110hp turbo diesel, is not a small chipper. It has the 200 hp Cummins. It has a humongous drum and feed table and is considered a whole tree chipper.

I can get back to you on the weight but it is very well balanced on the dual axels and doesn't seem noticeably different than the other one towing. I probably will change it over to one of my 2 other bigger dumps, likely the Mack to get more box capacity.

I mainly bought it because we just got hit with a hurricane and have been doing a load of crane takedowns and I likely did more than most tree co.s before. Somebody may try to argue but I think I was the first one around here in the early 80's to do crane assisted takedowns after moving my bus. from the East Coast. We also have EAB on the edge of my base area.

Any questions Mike, I love to talk trees and equipment.
Old 10-30-2008, 01:12 AM

Awesome.

I love to talk trees, equipment and work in general.

I am still young but slowly growing.

How long have you been in the tree care industry now?