Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 10-31-2008, 06:17 PM

Is the Ramrod 900 a tracked machine?

The friend that had the machine said it was an MT or something. I looked at it today and it is a Bobcat MT 50. Really nice machine with 30 hp diesel and bucket included. I traded an old vintage truck I haven't been using in the bus. since I bought the Dingo, a 51 Ford Wrecker, and some money.

This a pict. of the machine but not the one I bought.

Attachment 168
Old 11-01-2008, 12:24 AM

Another good looking machine.

The ram rod can be bought in track or wheeled version I know. Then I have seen Kanga has something a little different looks like the track just goes over the wheels.

That is awesome, you have been buying/trading a bit of equipment...that is awesome.

Congrads on the new machine.

Mike
Old 11-01-2008, 05:28 AM

Thanks, since we were hit by a hurricane the work is currently seemingly endless and good quality. Seems like the perfect opportunity to set up another crew. I have tons of saws and gear and now have 2 chip trucks, 2 chippers and 2 mini skids. I have a good qualified (CA) groundman. If it doesn't work out I can always retreat, and sell as there is a huge market for wood reduction equipment and related stuff right now around here.

Dave
Old 11-01-2008, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by treevet View Post
Thanks, since we were hit by a hurricane the work is currently seemingly endless and good quality. Seems like the perfect opportunity to set up another crew. I have tons of saws and gear and now have 2 chip trucks, 2 chippers and 2 mini skids. I have a good qualified (CA) groundman. If it doesn't work out I can always retreat, and sell as there is a huge market for wood reduction equipment and related stuff right now around here.

Dave
Dave,

i think you have the right atatuide with it all. And i def. agree there is a huge market of selling stuff. A good winter could help us all out in the construction/tree everything industry.

Two decked out crews like that is a great set up.

Mike
Old 11-01-2008, 10:37 PM

Thanks Mike. I think these mini skids are the key to holding on to help and preventing injuries on the ground (your groundgame :D). Big ass chippers figure in as well as other fun equipment. Where is that area in Cal. you are located in? Do you have winters? (sorry to be so ignorant)
Old 11-01-2008, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Thanks Mike. I think these mini skids are the key to holding on to help and preventing injuries on the ground (your groundgame :D). Big ass chippers figure in as well as other fun equipment. Where is that area in Cal. you are located in? Do you have winters? (sorry to be so ignorant)
Dave,

100 % agree.

Not a problem. I was born and raised in sunny fire ridden San Diego County, Califonia. I now live in Rohnert Park, CA which is an hour or so north of San Fransico in a small little college town in the middle of wine country. The winters the last couple of years haven't really been anything to write home about at least in comparison to what you are getting. We avg around 27-30 inch a year but not too many big wind storms. Last year over the whole winter had about 3 1/2 weeks of solid storm work but spread out from December - March basically. Helps pay the bills. I only moved up north 3 years ago so I am still awaiting a Big winter, again at least for us.

I am on the southern, and i mean southern tip really not of any BIG trees. Mainly Oaks, Doug Firs, some Redwoods are the big stuff. \

Where in Ohio are you...my dad side of the family is from S. Indiana Tell City, Indiana.

Mike
Old 11-02-2008, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canyonbc View Post
Dave,

100 % agree.

Not a problem. I was born and raised in sunny fire ridden San Diego County, Califonia. I now live in Rohnert Park, CA which is an hour or so north of San Fransico in a small little college town in the middle of wine country. The winters the last couple of years haven't really been anything to write home about at least in comparison to what you are getting. We avg around 27-30 inch a year but not too many big wind storms. Last year over the whole winter had about 3 1/2 weeks of solid storm work but spread out from December - March basically. Helps pay the bills. I only moved up north 3 years ago so I am still awaiting a Big winter, again at least for us.

I am on the southern, and i mean southern tip really not of any BIG trees. Mainly Oaks, Doug Firs, some Redwoods are the big stuff. \

Where in Ohio are you...my dad side of the family is from S. Indiana Tell City, Indiana.

Mike
I bet it is beautiful up there. Are you on the coast? I've been to SF and just across the bridge on a drive from SanDiego on PC Hiway. I went through infantry training at Camp Pendleton and been out there another time. Next trip we wanted to start in SF and head north. I guess you are too far north for Eucs? You do any snow plowing or just not enough like here?

I am in a northern suburb of Cincinnati called Wyoming. If you are out this way, look me up and I'll do the same. :waving:
Old 11-08-2008, 04:35 PM

Quote:
I bet it is beautiful up there. Are you on the coast? I've been to SF and just across the bridge on a drive from SanDiego on PC Hiway. I went through infantry training at Camp Pendleton and been out there another time. Next trip we wanted to start in SF and head north. I guess you are too far north for Eucs? You do any snow plowing or just not enough like here?

I am in a northern suburb of Cincinnati called Wyoming. If you are out this way, look me up and I'll do the same. :waving:
Awesome,

I am roughly 20 miles east of the coast as a bird fly's. I am at the very southern tip of the Redwoods but enough in the hills mainly Oaks. That is a beautiful drive from San Diego up to SF on the PCH. I did it a couple years back we spent 3 days...a group of us saved all are change for 9 months and paid for the trip that way camping on the side of the road.

I am 45 minutes north of San Francisco off 101.

I up near the hills more then mountains not high enough for the snow. 3 hours from Lake Tahoe. A ton of Eucs up in this area. I thought I dealt with a lot while in San Diego but they seem to be every where up here. Used for wind blocks along highways and residential...The Euc. beetle has gone to town in San Diego, not too bad up here yet.

I am not sure how true but I have read that they first brought the Eucs of Gums, from Austrailla in the 1830's because of the gorgeous wood. They thought it would be fast growing and furniture wood. It did not work out that way...

I enjoy burning Euc...a lot of guys just hate Eucs around here, I love removing them. Good holding wood, dont seem to rot out too bad.

Mike
Old 11-08-2008, 05:47 PM

But you did not mention the Eucs as the big trees along with Oaks. Aren't the Eucs much larger at maturity than the oaks in your area Mike.
Old 11-09-2008, 01:19 AM

Quote:
But you did not mention the Eucs as the big trees along with Oaks. Aren't the Eucs much larger at maturity than the oaks in your area Mike.
Ya, they def are...Just seem to do a lot more work on Oaks sticks out in my mind a bunch more.

Here is a job we did back in July...are these guys big.

These were the biggest Eucs I have ever worked on....the tallest is normally Doug. Firs and the biggest normally Oaks..