Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 08-25-2008, 05:57 PM

Tree and soil injections

Would like to discuss everyone's success with truck injections and deep root or soil injections.

How do you sell your service, any thing new coming out?

With crowded suburban lots and inviromental whackos everywhere I see the new treatment technolgies as great news.
Old 09-12-2008, 08:10 PM

I inject my truck with nitrous oxide. :)
Old 09-14-2008, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garydale View Post
Would like to discuss everyone's success with truck injections and deep root or soil injections.

How do you sell your service, any thing new coming out?

With crowded suburban lots and inviromental whackos everywhere I see the new treatment technolgies as great news.
You're injuring a tree to help it but I sometimes do it and I go back to the beginning of injections with the Mauget company. Any time a tree is injured it is infected. Fortunately trees withstand thousands of infections in their lives. Decay, a chronic and progressive disease is likely the worst and most likely to occur with injections.

EAB treatments have settled into being injections as the most successful control.

Nothing new about injections. I was doing Mauget in the early 70's when their tubes were metal and they sent me a case of Fungisol for free is we documented the results and informed them.
Old 09-26-2008, 05:46 PM

tree/shrub feeding

Most of the time we use ChemLances to root feed woody ornamentals. We shoot for October/November just after a good rain so the soil is soft. Injections are 2 - 6 ounces each and from 2 - 6 inches deep depending on the plant. Fiberous/shallow rooted ornamentals such as azaleas = 2 ounce injections no more than 2 inches deep. Large trees = 6 ounces at 6 inch depth.
Old 10-14-2008, 06:26 PM

You guys crack me up:laugh: this is just what i was talking about the differences in the same proffesion between the UK and the US! We dont hardly use any chemicals on tree's here in the UK - hell we have only just discovered the air spade two years ago - and that was a US import:laugh: Lawn chemical treatments have just started to appear but in the form of franchise businessess and yes you guessed it a US franchise:laugh: I personally have nothing against chemical application to trees having looked at what is carried out i would prefer a non invaisive method again from a personal level. I have enjoyed over many years, wathching various species of trees and how they establish/grow/react without the use of any chemical interaction here in the UK - i would like to study/look at similar species in the US that have had chemical application to compare.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:23 PM

Andy, I've been a HUGE Zep & Heep fan since 1970. Hope you are too. Gotta run...my trees need food. :laugh:

Jimmy, Robert, J.P.Jones, & Bonham RULE!
Old 10-14-2008, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanlawn View Post
Andy, I've been a HUGE Zep & Heep fan since 1970. Hope you are too. Gotta run...my trees need food. :laugh:

Jimmy, Robert, J.P.Jones, & Bonham RULE!
Zep & heep? i am only English:laugh::laugh: i hope i am not missing something but what does this mean:confused:
Old 10-15-2008, 06:37 PM

Hi Andy -- I meant that Led Zeppelin is the best rock & roll band that 'was and ever will be'. Uriah Heep is a close second. (IMO) I'm 54, so I grew up in the "hayday" of rock & roll. IMO Britsh bands kicked butt compared to American bands. Therefore, I speak English. :laugh:
Old 10-17-2008, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanlawn View Post
Hi Andy -- I meant that Led Zeppelin is the best rock & roll band that 'was and ever will be'. Uriah Heep is a close second. (IMO) I'm 54, so I grew up in the "hayday" of rock & roll. IMO Britsh bands kicked butt compared to American bands. Therefore, I speak English. :laugh:
Thats too funny:laugh: I am afraid that is a little before my time thats the reason for the confusion:laugh: and yes i do agree in my time going backwards and forwards from UK to US one of the big dissapointments is the music in the US!! But hey that is a discussion for another thread:D Going back to the use of chemicals, the biggest amount of chemicals we use here is that of weed control. I do think there is huge potential for thier use on trees/shrubs here in the UK but the difficulty would certainly be educating the client to the applications and getting them to part with thier cash to make it profitable - maybee some day?