Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 09-14-2008, 09:51 AM

There's one guy here who does it when he and his guy have free time. He's a landscaper so he already had a skid steer & mini-ex. So he bought a wood processor I think itís called. All he has to do is load logs onto it with either of his machines and it does the rest of the work for himÖÖ.I think he just needs one guy to operate itÖÖ..wood is already over $225 cord here. Once winter hits, it will probably reach $300, maybe more with the price of oil.
Old 09-14-2008, 09:58 AM

Wood processors are nice but they are more suited to forest stand generated wood than city wood like I get. Long straight wood is almost essential for the processing and the excurrent form of a woods tree (pole like) is best.

They are more expensive as well. My splitter and conveyor totaled around 15K.
Old 10-25-2008, 04:43 PM

Treevet is this the machine that loads the log for you ,splits it in like 8-10 pieces. A tree buddy of mine has one splits one 24 -30 inch logs into like 10 pieces, awesome machine !

I think firewood is gonna make a come-back due to all the high priced heating bills. Weather its oil,gas or just plain old elctric. You just cant win. Even kerosene is Expensive.

Here in MD. a chord sells for about 200, good mixed hardwoods.

Mostly all tree Companys here just take the wood to the recycling yard for mulching processing.

Been thinking also to about the firewood business,snow removal is hit or miss.
Old 10-25-2008, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnt View Post
Treevet is this the machine that loads the log for you ,splits it in like 8-10 pieces. A tree buddy of mine has one splits one 24 -30 inch logs into like 10 pieces, awesome machine !

I think firewood is gonna make a come-back due to all the high priced heating bills. Weather its oil,gas or just plain old elctric. You just cant win. Even kerosene is Expensive.

Here in MD. a chord sells for about 200, good mixed hardwoods.

Mostly all tree Companys here just take the wood to the recycling yard for mulching processing.

Been thinking also to about the firewood business,snow removal is hit or miss.
Yeah TNT we just roll any size log up to the arm and it will lift up to 600 lbs on to the rail. It will bust anything I have a 6 piece split attachment. We're selling, again, $250. per cord delivered and dumped (only). I hate to stack wood and I am certainly not wheelbarrowing it anywhere. It is def. making a comeback in popularity and not just for heating but for atmosphere.

House I bought 8 years ago had a gas fireplace. No atmosphere, popping cracking or pleasant odors. Plus atmosphere is diminished by big bucks going up chimney. I put a wood insert in there to go with my wood furnace in the basement.

Attachment 162
Old 10-25-2008, 07:12 PM

Attachment 163

Attachment 164

Here's picts of my 2 woodburners and my splitter/conveyor.

I've got your BC2000 with Dingo in shoot as my screensaver Dave.

Any chance of getting early scoop on price of Stumpgrinder implement? 38 HP Kohler?
Old 10-25-2008, 07:34 PM

Treevet thats a sweat looking wood furnace ! The only way to go! Thats an awesome splitter. How many chords can it crank out in a day if you wanted to really go.
Old 10-25-2008, 07:44 PM

Nice pics treevet...I need to get me one of those wood burners so I can save on gas this year :cry:
Old 10-25-2008, 08:06 PM

Yeah guys, furnace is the best route. I ve been burning for almost 40 years but last year was the first on the furnace. It was cheaper than the woodstoves I've had, heats the basement, doesn't get debris all over the house, goes into ducts and has a humidifier on it good enough to steam windows up. I love things that are just precise.

TNT, never had a chance to run splitter flat out as we just do it in dabbles. Once I purchase a firewood lot I can answer that question. The true character of the splitter is so much enhanced by the conveyor. I have so much stuff now that I am all out in the street and if I fill lot up with wood, and I easily could, the authorities would be all over me. They already threatened to tow my groundy away in the chip truck with the chipper with him IN it! He wanted to bop the cop a good one but I am glad he didn't. :clapping:Attachment 165

A typical day with different stuff in road.
Old 10-30-2008, 08:31 PM

Were did you get the conveyor? I heat with wood and sell a few cords to cover my cost. I like the people that want it stacked around back or some ridicules place like in there pool house so they donít have to bring it in. I get more to stack it then I do for the wood.
Old 10-31-2008, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumpman View Post
Were did you get the conveyor? I heat with wood and sell a few cords to cover my cost. I like the people that want it stacked around back or some ridicules place like in there pool house so they donít have to bring it in. I get more to stack it then I do for the wood.
Welcome Stumpman. I got it from Brownwood Sales in Sandusky Ohio, 419 624 9832. Timberwolf products.