Register free!

Old 09-26-2008, 06:10 PM

They have a very good reputation. (BMA)
Old 10-01-2008, 06:01 PM

I like Treevet idea with the attachment on his Dingo.

In regards to the Alpine they run here in USA for around 5K with a Stihl 880 powering it.

I only know one guy to use them and he loves them in certain situations. He is able to go up hillsides or down them and other places you can get any other grinder. Well i should say get in there easy.

I saw it used on a Mexican Palm and it shred it to pieces. However we all know Palms are softer then soft.

I like the Bluebird's, the local Home Depot rents them and for there size and weight and cost a good machine.

JMO,

I dont know where to look though in the UK

Best of Luck.

Mike
Old 11-14-2008, 09:59 PM

guys,
I know for me , I have been grinding for about 18 years with an old tow behind grinder, over some time I was thinking of the ultimate way to go. smaller unit to go in back yards and having more power to make money easier and faster, I never liked grinding , and now I do , I decided to go with a rayco super RG 50 fits through 36inch gates and grinds and grinds and grinds with power, now I dont mind grinding with no limitations. so I personaly think a self propelled unit is the way to go. 66 hp is enough for anything forever. so I have been using a 27 - 30 hp tow behind and all I can say is I will never ever go there again. anything over 35 - 40 hp should be fine but keep in mind time is money and to enjoy your work is even better.