Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 01-01-2009, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highclimber604 View Post
there use to be a company in hanson MA that did that. The old guy doesnt do it any more but hes got thousands of pallets left over that we have permission to take and burn. Hes in the process now of chipping them all up. :(
Yes Pallets also make great bio mass fuel. They are already dry. That is probably what he is doing with them. I dont like them as mulch but they do put them into the mulch stream also.
I am a volunteer firefighter, we use pallets when we train in out countys burn building. Pallets and straw. Last time we went out for a burn, we burned almost an entire 53' trailer full. If you are looking to get rid of them, think about donating them to a local fire company. I know we look for that kind of stuff every now and again. Its also giving back to your community.
Old 01-01-2009, 02:40 PM

A lot of uses to them.

The most practical answer to why we would have not been allowed to burn them is the nails and haveing the nails be in the bit and a kid play in there a few days later and get pricked.

They do make a mean bonfire though.

Have read of people getting hurt mainly from being stupid.
Ex. Stacking up 10 plus pallets and putting in over 50 full rolls of toilet paper through out the pallets then drench it all in gas including all the paper and light it up...then have your open gas can a few feet away and everything goes up.

You have to be smart.

I still burn them from time to time, they are huge down in the desert to burn.
Old 01-01-2009, 05:04 PM

sounds like you have a good utube video :D. You are right some people are stupid.
Old 01-02-2009, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingsquirrel View Post
sounds like you have a good utube video :D. You are right some people are stupid.
No Joke.

It is some thing funny to laugh about now but I have to say from across the lagoon type inlet of a couple hundred feet watching people on fire is not so funny.

Just amazes me the stupidity and I know I have to include my self to some respect in this mess as I have done some pretty stupid things.
Old 01-02-2009, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canyonbc View Post
No Joke.

It is some thing funny to laugh about now but I have to say from across the lagoon type inlet of a couple hundred feet watching people on fire is not so funny.

Just amazes me the stupidity and I know I have to include my self to some respect in this mess as I have done some pretty stupid things.

I dont think Flying was trying to be mean or be entertainted by people on fire. I think he was kidding. He is a fire fighter dont forget.
Old 01-02-2009, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highclimber604 View Post
I dont think Flying was trying to be mean or be entertainted by people on fire. I think he was kidding. He is a fire fighter dont forget.
Great Point.

My bad then, I did forget he was a part time fire fighter.

That is a very honorable thing though, and awesome.

Thank you for clairfying, hard to tell over text sometimes.
Old 01-02-2009, 04:04 PM

I was just kidding around. sorry if it came out wrong.
not a part time fire fighter (they would be getting paid)
Im a Volunteer fire fighter. (to help the community)(Great for buisness too)
Old 01-05-2009, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingsquirrel View Post
I was just kidding around. sorry if it came out wrong.
not a part time fire fighter (they would be getting paid)
Im a Volunteer fire fighter. (to help the community)(Great for buisness too)
No worries.

Hey you are putting your time in either way.

how did you get started with that?
Old 01-06-2009, 05:16 PM

I thought it would be a great thing to do with some of my time that I had free after work when I first moved here. I joined just before I got going with my side work. Now the side work is too much. I have bairly enough time for it all. But I wouldnt have it any other way. Hoping to get caught up in the next month or two.
Old 03-11-2009, 07:22 AM

I know there are many people that recycle these pallets. Some of the major businesses that ship out freight on pallets charge you for the pallet. I've seen them for add $15-35 addition surcharge cost to cover the of the pallet. So instead of burning them try to recycle them and you might find the right company to purchase them from you.