Register free!

Old 11-15-2008, 09:39 PM

Throw Line Technique(s)

I'm trying to view throw line techniques and protection for rope from abrasion. Can't seem to find anything.
Old 11-16-2008, 09:56 AM

Go to amazon.com and purchase "Tree Climbers Companion". That book will cover both of those topics. Oh and welcome to the site
Old 11-17-2008, 09:53 AM

Already Ordererd

Flyingsquirrel,

Thanks, I ordered it.
Old 11-17-2008, 09:24 PM

Cool. Tell me what you think. It covers lots of stuff. I havent got the second edition yet, but I have the first.
Old 11-22-2008, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingsquirrel View Post
Cool. Tell me what you think. It covers lots of stuff. I havent got the second edition yet, but I have the first.
How long has the second edition been out?

I have the first, and it is full of great information. Weather you are new or old a great bit of information and a fun read.

I liked. G.F. Bernak Book - Fundamentals to General Tree Work another great book.

Are you looking for something like this,

http://www.wesspur.com/Friction-Save...ion-saver.html

I think on Buckingham website they show how to install them from a throwline. I know if you buy the friction saver they come with directions but it will be in the tree climbers companion.

Mike
Old 11-22-2008, 09:10 PM

I think its been out for a couple three years by now. not sure though. As I said, I got the first and am happy with it. Only seen the second edition twice.
Old 11-23-2008, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingsquirrel View Post
I think its been out for a couple three years by now. not sure though. As I said, I got the first and am happy with it. Only seen the second edition twice.
I think I will have to agree, I like mine.

Mike
Old 11-25-2008, 12:55 AM

installing a friction reducer with a throw-line from the ground can be made more simple with a rig like this. i made this at least 8 yrs ago:laugh:
Old 11-25-2008, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canyonbc View Post
How long has the second edition been out?

I have the first, and it is full of great information. Weather you are new or old a great bit of information and a fun read.

I liked. G.F. Bernak Book - Fundamentals to General Tree Work another great book.

Are you looking for something like this,

http://www.wesspur.com/Friction-Save...ion-saver.html

I think on Buckingham website they show how to install them from a throwline. I know if you buy the friction saver they come with directions but it will be in the tree climbers companion.

Mike
G.F. Bernak has some the best records of bigtree story's i have ever read threw:clapping: i just love his stuff!!
Old 11-25-2008, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WLL View Post
installing a friction reducer with a throw-line from the ground can be made more simple with a rig like this. i made this at least 8 yrs ago:laugh:
Do you install it the same way any other yellow friction hitch would be?

Did you splice the metal ring in your self?

How long is it? What rope did you use?

Sorry for all the questions just looks like a possible better easier way to get a friction saver in the tree I am interested.

Mike