Register free!

Old 12-12-2008, 11:26 PM

No, I ve got to where I can make a better low short finesse throw with the Bigshot than manually. After a couple of cups of coffee and just waken up I am capable of throwing the bag right over my head and into the gutter of the house behind me. I know lots of guys like to think they are the Michael Jordan of bean bags. You can hardly ever miss with the slingshot.
Old 12-13-2008, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by treevet View Post
No, I ve got to where I can make a better low short finesse throw with the Bigshot than manually. After a couple of cups of coffee and just waken up I am capable of throwing the bag right over my head and into the gutter of the house behind me. I know lots of guys like to think they are the Michael Jordan of bean bags. You can hardly ever miss with the slingshot.
Ya, like I said earlier they were a great invention. A huge time saver and for the $ 100 bucks or so they are they are so Valuable...its hard to explain.

I still have problems with over powering my short throws...with the big shot, all in time, all in time.

Have you ever tried the bow gun type?
or
Fishing model?
Old 12-13-2008, 12:34 AM

Never heard of the blow gun Mike, but I was using a surfcasting rod that I sawed off before they were being used for treework. One time, and stop me if you already heard this story (kidding of course), I get a call and a huge tree leaning over a house has 2 guys standing next to it and they have a 3 strand line only half way up and come a long and one strand is broken and they have the tree notched and a back cut into the notch. The fire company was there and a bunch of other people and they all were going to do nothing as no truck access. I shot a bolt up with the fishing pole and pulled a quarter inch line behind and then a half inch behind that then sent a running bolen up. I got it cranked over with an extra heavy duty come a long. Fishing poles work fine, just not as good at sighting as the slingshot.
Old 12-13-2008, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by treevet View Post
Never heard of the blow gun Mike, but I was using a surfcasting rod that I sawed off before they were being used for treework. One time, and stop me if you already heard this story (kidding of course), I get a call and a huge tree leaning over a house has 2 guys standing next to it and they have a 3 strand line only half way up and come a long and one strand is broken and they have the tree notched and a back cut into the notch. The fire company was there and a bunch of other people and they all were going to do nothing as no truck access. I shot a bolt up with the fishing pole and pulled a quarter inch line behind and then a half inch behind that then sent a running bolen up. I got it cranked over with an extra heavy duty come a long. Fishing poles work fine, just not as good at sighting as the slingshot.
Um, I don't remember off hand what catalog or magazine I read about it. Will have to go through the book shelf's and find it...I will get back to you.

Surf rods are awesome and can throw a Half a mile with little effort I agree Big Shots can shoot the distance with the accuracy.

Awesome story, I am sure the insurance company and the guys were more then happy. Hope they gave a nice tip at least a few good refferals. That is a cool story to tell though.