Register free!
Search
 
     

Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-16-2008, 12:57 PM
Guest
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Full chisel?

Is there any saw chains quicker than full chisel type?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-16-2008, 05:31 PM
Guest
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
On larger saws with long bars cutting big wood you might want to try semi skip or even full skip chain. It is still full Chisel just 1/3 less teeth (semi skip) and 1/2 less (full skip). Works well with large wood
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-22-2008, 05:31 PM
Guest
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingsquirrel View Post
On larger saws with long bars cutting big wood you might want to try semi skip or even full skip chain. It is still full Chisel just 1/3 less teeth (semi skip) and 1/2 less (full skip). Works well with large wood
Yes,

Digs in really well. Also when it comes down to sharpening a 36'' bar it is nice have skip.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-23-2008, 08:34 PM
Guest
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Square Ground!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-23-2008, 08:50 PM
Guest
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Ive heard great things about square ground chains. Never learned how to do it though. Would like to some day though:D
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-23-2008, 09:15 PM
Guest
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Uses a flat 3 angle file! I use to buy it from sabre that was the best square that I had ever used! Now I get it from oregon! I belever baileys sells it on here! I just buy it local!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-23-2008, 10:54 PM
Guest
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrebelmachine View Post
Uses a flat 3 angle file! I use to buy it from sabre that was the best square that I had ever used! Now I get it from oregon! I belever baileys sells it on here! I just buy it local!
Awesome.

I know the info was for flying... but thank you for the great information.

We can all benefit.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-23-2008, 10:56 PM
Guest
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Thanks. Now I just need to figure out how to do it. You just use regular chain, right? and file it square?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-24-2008, 12:59 AM
Guest
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
You could but I would not! You are much better off to buy it already ground!! Then use the flat file to maintain it!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-24-2008, 02:18 AM
Guest
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrebelmachine View Post
You could but I would not! You are much better off to buy it already ground!! Then use the flat file to maintain it!
Does Stihl and Husky make it or do you have to get it from a company like Oregon?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:53 AM.

Page generated in 0.08109 seconds with 7 queries