Register free!

Old 12-24-2008, 10:28 AM

Stihl does make the chain but I do not use there's! Oregon is the only other current manufacture that I am aware of! Carlton at one time did and if they still did I would buy it! Baileys sells the oregon square and you might and I might ask them if they could get the carlton in square! You can go to oregon's web site and see a pic of the square ground chain!
Old 12-24-2008, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrebelmachine View Post
Stihl does make the chain but I do not use there's! Oregon is the only other current manufacture that I am aware of! Carlton at one time did and if they still did I would buy it! Baileys sells the oregon square and you might and I might ask them if they could get the carlton in square! You can go to oregon's web site and see a pic of the square ground chain!
Thanks,

I will give them a call, they had a shop you could walk in jut north of e ok, a little over an hour but still close. Now they closed that went to a warehouse in Sacramento and have to order it all.

Do you like any of Stihl's chain or just feel that Oregon has a better square ground
chain?
Old 12-25-2008, 01:18 AM

To be honest I have never run or seen the stihl in person! There are 35 dealers around here for stihl and none of them stock let alone now what you are talking about when you ask them for it! So I just get it from the local Dolmar/Jonsered dealer! He is the only one who stocks it here anyhow!
Old 12-25-2008, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrebelmachine View Post
To be honest I have never run or seen the stihl in person! There are 35 dealers around here for stihl and none of them stock let alone now what you are talking about when you ask them for it! So I just get it from the local Dolmar/Jonsered dealer! He is the only one who stocks it here anyhow!
That is crazy.

I remember seeing it and my old dealer in San Diego talk about it.

They had some old time loggers out of Oregon that would love it.

I never did ask about it, I will have to go to my local dealer and see what they have.