Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 11-23-2008, 11:59 PM

Honestly you have no biz even trying to get any of those limbs. If you think a cable or grapple hook would help than i think you should find a new line of work. Leave the ninja work to use tree trimmers and arborist.
Old 11-24-2008, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikekle View Post
How about using a thompson mini-gun, 3000 rounds a minute! turn the limb into mulch before it reaches the ground!!
That just may be your best option. Considering that I can only think of 3 ways to get that high in a tree: spurs (no good here), bucket/crane, or rope. If you want to shoot a throwline that high you could use a Big Shot or for a cheaper route you could go with a HyperDog Launcher and some PVC. It even comes with a replacement band so you could use the slingshot for short throws and some PVC and a little steel to make your own launcher.
Old 01-09-2009, 08:47 PM

ah duh, try 2 climb lines and a 30 foot hanger pole????
Old 01-10-2009, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by treegal1 View Post
ah duh, try 2 climb lines and a 30 foot hanger pole????
How do you propose making a 30ft hanger pole. I am not trying to knock the idea one bit just understand.

The fiberglass poles at 8 ft each well 4 of them would be 32 ft but I dont think you could lift that with out breaking or extreme bend.
Old 01-10-2009, 04:45 PM

I would like to disagree with the pole breaking thing. HEAVY yes Bending Yes. I had 5 6ft wood poles together in VT. I have also had 3 6ft and 3 4ft together to cut a dead lime in a hazard location. I was in a bucket, and the ground guys added the 4ftrs as I went up. Cutting was interesting but it worked. Saved me from climbing past a very large bees nest for one 4" dead limb.
Old 01-10-2009, 07:15 PM

even at 110 lbs I can get 6 6 foot poles to launch a rope, the idea is to run them up verticle one section at a time
Old 01-11-2009, 01:22 PM

Quote:
even at 110 lbs I can get 6 6 foot poles to launch a rope, the idea is to run them up verticle one section at a time
Now I have never done any of this major poling together.

But logic seems to tell me that getting a throw line out of the tre and cutting or breaking a limb would be a bit different.

Now again, I dont have experience here because I have never done it so not picking a fight just askin how much control do you really have in that situation. Def. agree staying very vertical is by far the key.
Old 01-11-2009, 06:31 PM

more than it takes to grab a D ring or clip!!!!!!

also with it wet here and all, and the fact that we do handle line clearance we also use the fiber glass ones..............
Old 01-12-2009, 09:08 PM

Quote:
more than it takes to grab a D ring or clip!!!!!!

also with it wet here and all, and the fact that we do handle line clearance we also use the fiber glass ones..............
Got any information on there pole kits your talking about. Never heard of them but interested? Were to buy and such
Old 01-12-2009, 09:28 PM

last time I got some I was down south and got them from here. sorry there link is down so try this

http://m.yellowbot.com/arborist-supp...each-fl-1.html

or forestry supply or baileys

http://www.forestry-suppliers.com/pr...ge.asp?mi=3787