Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 01-01-2009, 10:21 AM

Thats a great idea.:)
Old 01-01-2009, 01:01 PM

I wish there were more 1 man tree operations where i live. Id deffinetly team up with them on some of my jobs. Theres alot of big big tree companys around here.
Old 01-01-2009, 01:23 PM

One thing you might want to try is go on the ISA web page, http://www.isa-arbor.com/home.aspx , search your area for an arborist. This might help with finding small companies. Also helps networking if you do find someone.
Old 01-01-2009, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highclimber604 View Post
I wish there were more 1 man tree operations where i live. Id deffinetly team up with them on some of my jobs. Theres alot of big big tree companys around here.
AH, that stinks.

In my area that is 4 of us who are pretty much one man and have some part time help and we all bring are own nitch of tools and speciality team us together and just about anything in town can be tackled safely and fast.

Its great.
Old 01-02-2009, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canyonbc View Post
AH, that stinks.

In my area that is 4 of us who are pretty much one man and have some part time help and we all bring are own nitch of tools and speciality team us together and just about anything in town can be tackled safely and fast.

Its great.
Thats a great deal. Another problem that we have in my area is that everyone is feared of calling or talking to there competition. No body waves to anyone in there own feild. There are a few of us including myself that talk all the time are share advice. Sometimes though because im the youngest, and i get a really good contract or a big job, they get jelous which sucks because theres nothing i can do about that.
Old 01-02-2009, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Thats a great deal. Another problem that we have in my area is that everyone is feared of calling or talking to there competition. No body waves to anyone in there own feild. There are a few of us including myself that talk all the time are share advice. Sometimes though because im the youngest, and i get a really good contract or a big job, they get jelous which sucks because theres nothing i can do about that.
Ya that can be tough.

I was lucky to get in with a really good group of companies. I have learned from them mainly but I will not bag on another company we are all in this for the same thing...well that is almost true I have had some words with guys who hat rack neighborhoods..but the legit guys we are all in it together and should work together.

Even in these slow times there is barely enough work for all...but I mean barely.

Waving is a good thing. Sorry to here more guys in your area are not like you and me. Friendly.
Old 01-02-2009, 04:30 PM

yah they seem to all have to much pride for some reason! You would never catch them talking on this web site! god forbid. I love the guys that look down on all of us that are just 1 or 2 truck companys:laugh: I dont see what they think they have that we dont have besides a pile of bills at the end of the month!
Old 01-05-2009, 09:53 PM

Quote:
yah they seem to all have to much pride for some reason! You would never catch them talking on this web site! god forbid. I love the guys that look down on all of us that are just 1 or 2 truck companys:laugh: I dont see what they think they have that we dont have besides a pile of bills at the end of the month!
Very true.

Now I am young guy my self but alot of those guys in my area you are describing are normally younger and just have a big head.

I know some old timers who can have close to $ 150 - 200 K in equipment but they have paid it all off have for a while now and are very successful. Everyone of them though are friendly and sure to wave to ya and stop by and say Hello if they see ya on a job.