Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 01-26-2012, 03:31 PM

Service Pricing Question

I own a lawn care company and we are slowly (emphasize slowly) getting into trees. My tree chem guy said to charge 10 bucks per injection site for imidacloprid to prevent Japanese Beetles.

What are you guys charging per injection site and how much are you paying per oz of material. He is charging $2.13 per oz. I am delivering via Arbor System's Wedgle. Thanks!
Old 01-28-2012, 04:53 PM

Anything from anybody?
Old 01-30-2012, 09:33 PM

Sorry I dont inject Merit. I have only played with drenches at the base of the tree and have had excellent control over borers, adelgid, Jap beetles. If I did do injections I might think about billing Time and Materials until I got a handle on it. This way I wouldnt loose my shirt by under charging. Just my thoughts though
Old 01-30-2012, 09:34 PM

Oh... You gotta be very patient around here....... Its very quite.... :confused:
Old 02-01-2012, 09:19 AM

Thanks for the input. One account I was looking at had 3 medium to large trees, total circumference of 200 in and the price was around 500 bucks. Seems a little steep, but just wondering what you and other outfits charge
Old 02-01-2012, 09:02 PM

That dont sound that steep to me. That chem is expensive, as is the insurance, licences, and equipment. Not to mention your time. And It protects for 2 years. Gotta cover the over head
Old 05-06-2012, 02:45 PM

We charge by the hour, it's only fair, insurance, time spent etc. You've gotta make sure your not selling yourself short...
Old 12-14-2012, 08:59 AM

+1 charge by the hour and mark up the product too! Nothing in life is free- Sometimes customers feel more comfortable with a higher price, especially when it comes to plant health care. If you can't make good money doing it, it's not worth doing.