Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 07-23-2008, 02:27 PM
LawnSite Member

ECHO ppt-260 vs ppt-265 Pole Saw differences??

Looks like the ECHO PPt-265 has replaced the 260. It appears they changed the pole lengths and maybe the pull starter. I also note the price may be cheaper for the 265 which makes me think they have cut corners someplace. Anyone know what all has changed?
Old 07-23-2008, 03:28 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

No knowledge of Echo pole pruners, but they have been cutting corners...which is why I am buying only Stihl products from now on. Echo makes more money off of Home Depot products than their dealer units. It's really sad.
Old 07-23-2008, 05:39 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

well

Quote:
No knowledge of Echo pole pruners, but they have been cutting corners...which is why I am buying only Stihl products from now on. Echo makes more money off of Home Depot products than their dealer units. It's really sad.
That whole statement is a bunch of crap with no susbstance at all so anyways........ to answer your question.

The differences are this...

Price is the same...

has the 265, which is thier new 26cc powerhead. Users say seems like more power at the same cc size as before.

The shaft where the engine connects too is beafed up over the older unit. The throttle is a little more stream lined and less likely to break then before in my opinion. Shaft design and gearbox design apprears the same. Seeing I think this is actually a better unit then the older version, not quite sure where you want to point out the "cut corners". oh yeah, plus, this , like most of the stuff, is not sold at home depot.......haha.
Old 07-23-2008, 06:27 PM
LawnSite Member

My "cut corners" comment was not based on anything other than I found a couple internet prices that seemed to about $50 cheaper for the 265 than what was typical for the 260 a few months ago. Reason for the post is that I'm considering buying and can still buy the 260 if the 265 was trimmed down to meet a lessor price point.
Old 07-23-2008, 06:36 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have found internet prices are always cheaper then local dealers. I bought a 261T trimmer and is was 40 bucks less online then at my dealer. I bought it from the dealer so I didnt have to worry about shipping and all that crap. My dealer recomended the older 260 series equipment over the new 265 equipment. Price was the same on both.
Old 07-23-2008, 06:39 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

The price is not any cheaper on the 265. It has the Power Boost Vortex engine, which replaced the Tornado engine. It's alot more powerful and efficient. I've never had the 260 as we started carrying Echo this year, but from the pictures, it looks like the 260 didn't have all the anti-vibration stuff the 265 has.

This year Echo really started stepping it up and making their stuff nicer than ever before. Many items in their lineup have plastic handles with rubber overmolds and anti-vibration sleeves over various parts, as well as much larger handles to make it easier to use the equipment with gloves on. They're also easier to start than ever before with the new engines and the I-30 technology.
Old 07-23-2008, 06:51 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPS View Post
I have found internet prices are always cheaper then local dealers. I bought a 261T trimmer and is was 40 bucks less online then at my dealer. I bought it from the dealer so I didnt have to worry about shipping and all that crap. My dealer recomended the older 260 series equipment over the new 265 equipment. Price was the same on both.
The $40 difference was worth buying at the dealer. You will, after all, need somebody to service it sooner or later.
Old 07-23-2008, 07:01 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

So your telling me there is a difference between my SRM210 trimmer I bought at my dealer and one bought at HomeDepot? So what your saying is, Echo sells two different trimmers under the same model number? Your nuts.
Old 07-23-2008, 07:07 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Echo is working on the home owner market now. That doesn't mean they cheaped out on their product, all it means is they want their product #1 in the industry. I'll be glad to help them achieve that.
Old 07-23-2008, 09:42 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPS View Post
My dealer recomended the older 260 series equipment over the new 265 equipment. Price was the same on both.
Did your dealer offer any comments on why he recommends the 260 over the 265?