Search

Click for Weather

Old 10-15-2012, 07:52 AM

best saws in use

these guys use the best ones around--> www.atlanta-area-tree-service.com
Old 10-15-2012, 10:43 AM

What is your favorite brand?
Old 10-16-2012, 12:18 PM

I dont know... Im a big husky fan. That being said husky can not make a blower or stick saw worth its salt. So I run husky saws and stihl blower and stick saw. But everyone has their own opinion and they all get the job done. How well a company does isnt about its saws, its about how it is run and how the work is completed. Good and safe employees make a huge difference. Saws are just a tool with which we complete our jobs.
Old 10-17-2012, 04:14 PM

I second flyingsquirrel about the Stihl (bp)blowers and stick saws, they are great. I have both. But I've always ran Stihl chainsaws and have had no problems with them, and also no complaints about my Stihl hedge trimmers, backpack sprayer and straight shaft trimmer. But like previously said, you like what you run generally, just ones opinion. I'm sure Husky saws are great also, I have only ever run one, and it wasen't a pro saw, it was a farm saw about 50cc or so and it did the job I was doing just fine. I just prefer Stihl.
Old 11-01-2012, 08:03 AM

I'm a big Stihl fan. The 046 is one of the best around. I have a dealer that is close to me and will order me a $.02 part and have it the next day. That is huge in my books. No Husky dealer close to me.
Old 11-01-2012, 11:49 AM

Sefh, I am in exactly the opposite situation. I have a Husky dealer close that will get me anything, or fix it for me and is great. The Stihl dealer we use at work is absolutly useless. They were not able to fix our 200t's earlier this year. So the boss just bought two new saws (201's). But thats the dealer we have.
Old 11-01-2012, 01:45 PM

The quality, efficiency and reliability are key but customer service and loyalty are the things that keep people coming back for sure.
Old 11-01-2012, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingsquirrel View Post
Sefh, I am in exactly the opposite situation. I have a Husky dealer close that will get me anything, or fix it for me and is great. The Stihl dealer we use at work is absolutly useless. They were not able to fix our 200t's earlier this year. So the boss just bought two new saws (201's). But thats the dealer we have.
I'm sure there are all types of dealers out there. I'm lucky to have a great one close to me. There is not a Husky dealer even close by. I was chatting with the tech guy and he said they where going to bring in Husky but didn't want to do all the repair work from saws not bought from him. A few big box stores now carry Husky and he didn't want to be involved.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:20 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
I dont know... Im a big husky fan. That being said husky can not make a blower or stick saw worth its salt. So I run husky saws and stihl blower and stick saw. But everyone has their own opinion and they all get the job done. How well a company does isnt about its saws, its about how it is run and how the work is completed. Good and safe employees make a huge difference. Saws are just a tool with which we complete our jobs.
I must have entered the twilight zone are you talking Backpack Blowers if so I have a Husqvarna 580BTS that out blows every thing and and starts with 1 to 2 pull cold ,1 hot.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=388306