Go Back   LawnSite.comô - Lawn Care & Landscaping Business Forum, Discuss News & Reviews > Sponsor Forums - Discuss with Sponsors Directly > Lawn Mowing Equipment & Accessories * * * * SPONSOR FORUMS > Gravely
User Name
Password
Home Gravely.com Parts Find a Dealer About Us Contact Us Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2013, 03:06 PM
Sponsor

Do you own a Gravely mower?

If you own a Gravely mower, we would like your feedback . . .

- What model(s) did you purchase?
- What was your deciding factor in choosing Gravely?
- Please share pictures if you have some . . .

We appreciate your input and look forward to working with you!

Thanks.

Last edited by Gravely Commercial; 03-19-2013 at 04:23 PM..
Old 03-19-2013, 03:52 PM
LawnSite Member

I had an 2007 260Z Gravely that I LOVED. Unfortunately it caught fire and burned last summer. It was a great mower and I bought it because my grandfather has a 50 year old gravely tiller that he bought new and it still runs. This was my mower before it burned. I was cutting a foreclosed house that hadn't been mowed in about 2 years. The gravely muscled through it!
Attached Images

4 man operation

Old 03-24-2013, 02:38 PM
LawnSite Member

I got a Pro Turn 260. So far it has done everything I needed it to do. I bought it because I like the sturdy x deck.
Old 05-22-2013, 01:39 PM
LawnSite Member

Damn, BeastMowed! Is that a cornfield!? I'd have kept my mower on the sidelines and used a match! lol! Did you find out why the mower caught fire and burned up?

Anywho, my pro-turn 152 is a about a year old. So far I'm pleased with it. I bought it because it's a sexy rock-solid unit that was reasonably priced. I prefer the low maintenance points type of machine, Gravely felt like a good fit. The wider stock castor wheels caught my eye too.
21" Craftsman push
AH230 Shindaiwa Long Shaft Hedge Trimmer
AHS242 Shindaiwa Short Shaft Hedge Trimmer
Two Stihl BR600 Backpack Blowers
Two Stihl FS80R Grass Trimmers
SG20 Stihl Sprayer
Numerous Handtools
36" Wright Stander(Sold)

Last edited by Bagit; 05-22-2013 at 01:44 PM..
Old 06-22-2013, 12:02 AM
LawnSite Member

I just purchased a gravely pro turn 152 that I just wrote a review on! Feel free to go give it a look.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-20-2013, 06:51 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

i have a gravely walk behind with 20 hrs on it. it looks pretty sitting in the garage, but it is junk and won't move.
Old 07-22-2013, 04:56 PM
Sponsor

Gravely Walk-Behind

Quote:
Originally Posted by inzane View Post
i have a gravely walk behind with 20 hrs on it. it looks pretty sitting in the garage, but it is junk and won't move.
Sorry to hear that your walk-behind isn't working. Have you taken it to your dealer to have them look at it? I am going to send you a PM so we can get more information to help you with this.

Thanks.
Old 07-22-2013, 06:07 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I have a Gravely Proturn 148. Great machine and has never been out of service. A WAW 34 that works quite well despite the way you adjust the height. Seems odd but cuts great. A APV that you may not want to know what I think about It but....the hose is designed right beside the exhaust and melted the first time I used it. Covered by warranty (yeah). The vac works well for leaves that are on pavement as long as you don't vac any twigs that will clog it in a heart beat. Must say I cursed the heck out of that machine last week. Anyway that's my story and I'm sticking with it. Overall....Gravely mowers are top notch. EDIT: my dad has two gravely walk behinds that have to be 25 plus years old and still going strong. Kudos to you for asking your clientele what they think of your equipment.

Last edited by RussellB; 07-22-2013 at 06:15 PM..
Old 07-23-2013, 10:15 AM
Sponsor

Gravely

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussellB View Post
I have a Gravely Proturn 148. Great machine and has never been out of service. A WAW 34 that works quite well despite the way you adjust the height. Seems odd but cuts great. A APV that you may not want to know what I think about It but....the hose is designed right beside the exhaust and melted the first time I used it. Covered by warranty (yeah). The vac works well for leaves that are on pavement as long as you don't vac any twigs that will clog it in a heart beat. Must say I cursed the heck out of that machine last week. Anyway that's my story and I'm sticking with it. Overall....Gravely mowers are top notch. EDIT: my dad has two gravely walk behinds that have to be 25 plus years old and still going strong. Kudos to you for asking your clientele what they think of your equipment.
RussellB - Thanks for your comments on your Gravely equipment. We will pass your thoughts on to our product managers so they can look at these issues. We're glad to hear that your Dad has a couple units that are working strong after 25 years. It's great to hear these stories and want you to know we are here to help with those units that might need adjustments as well.

Thanks again for taking time to respond.
Old 07-23-2013, 10:27 AM
LawnSite Member

I'm in the market for a new mower. Maybe with the right incentive I will buy one....
1 DTE Single Axle
Toros
Stihls
Gravelys
Lesco