Go Back   LawnSite.comô - Lawn Care & Landscaping Business Forum, Discuss News & Reviews > Sponsor Forums - Discuss with Sponsors Directly > Lawn Mowing Equipment & Accessories * * * * SPONSOR FORUMS > Gravely
User Name
Password
Home Gravely.com Parts Find a Dealer About Us Contact Us Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 04-26-2014, 05:59 PM
uzupan uzupan is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 48
I also forgot to mention. The Gravely product specialist called my dealer on his day off to suggest a few things to try; and for me that spoke well of Gravely.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 04-26-2014, 06:57 PM
GMLC's Avatar
GMLC GMLC is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 4,363
Quote:
Originally Posted by 555fitzy View Post
Just purchased a 2014 Pro-Turn 460 & a Pro-Stance 52 both with operator controlled discharge chutes last Thursday

From:
Taplin Yard, Pump & Power
120 Interstate Drive
West Springfield, MA 01089

They are expecting to deliver them on Monday or Tuesday

I really wanted to go with Gravely because they appear to have a great lineup of equipment with some great innovations but I was skeptical to go with Gravely for the main reason that there is not a dealer very close to me, I drove 1.5 hours to Taplin's to meet with Marty (owner) and Andrew (outside sales) along with the Gravely on the road demo guy (can't remember his name ).
These are a great bunch of guys at Taplin's and by the time I left I felt very confident that should any warranty issues arise they assured me they will take care of it as well as getting me a mower so I had no down time!

I live in Cavendish VT which is somewhat rural and there are not allot of dealers of any brand very close other than Ferris whish is about 20 minutes.
I have been using Exmark since 2002 and have had a variety of them over the years but I was never satisfied with them and the nearest Exmark dealer is almost an hour away and never offered a demo mower if mine was down and almost never had parts.

I was mainly persuaded to look at Gravely after the many pages of reviews by GMLC on this site, he is in NH and after reading his posts and seeing his pictures of the cut quality and especially cutting wet grass or for that matter cutting in the rain I had to look into Gravely more. There is almost never a morning that we start mowing and the grass isn't a little wet from overnight dew and the cut of my previous mower was very poor and most lawns needed double and even triple cutting at times to make the lawn look good. My old mower was very loose and had 2300 hrs. but it was time for a change.

I'll try and post some pictures when they deliver them..
Congrats!!! Cant wait for your pics!! Let me know if you have any questions. Or need help dialing in your deck(adjustable baffles).
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 04-26-2014, 07:00 PM
GMLC's Avatar
GMLC GMLC is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 4,363
Quote:
Originally Posted by uzupan View Post
No, blades are correct, in fact I have tried 2 other types of blades besides the original blades. The dealer has replicated the issue. I either have a bad deck or the 52 inch deck just does not do well in my area. My dealer let me borrow a proturn148 so I can cut and I have not had the issues that I have with mine.
I have been assured that Gravely will take care of the issue. My dealer is going to try one more thing before we go to the next step. Up to this point I commend my dealer and Gravely for their willingness to correct the problem. I really do like the Gravely machine. My dealer also carries Scag and Exmark and the Gravely seems to be a better built machine. I will keep everyone posted as to what happens either good or bad.
52 should not cut like that. Have you checked for bent spindles? Seems like the blade spacing is wrong leaving uncut strips like that.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 04-26-2014, 07:39 PM
uzupan uzupan is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMLC View Post
52 should not cut like that. Have you checked for bent spindles? Seems like the blade spacing is wrong leaving uncut strips like that.
Posted via Mobile Device
Yes I am sure the dealer has checked all that but I will mention it to him. I am sure that Gravely has mentioned to him. Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 04-26-2014, 08:31 PM
southerntide's Avatar
southerntide southerntide is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Alabama
Posts: 1,763
Quote:
Originally Posted by uzupan View Post
No, blades are correct, in fact I have tried 2 other types of blades besides the original blades. The dealer has replicated the issue. I either have a bad deck or the 52 inch deck just does not do well in my area. My dealer let me borrow a proturn148 so I can cut and I have not had the issues that I have with mine.
I have been assured that Gravely will take care of the issue. My dealer is going to try one more thing before we go to the next step. Up to this point I commend my dealer and Gravely for their willingness to correct the problem. I really do like the Gravely machine. My dealer also carries Scag and Exmark and the Gravely seems to be a better built machine. I will keep everyone posted as to what happens either good or bad.
Yes Gravely is the better choice heavy duty machines and dealers always stand behind them. Could be just one of those odd mishaps.

I know mine sounds like a rant but stuff happens, the are always buried in work and backlogs due to limited space, they stay busier than the new huge John deer dealership less than 1 mile away specifically targeting my local dealer to try to knock the small local guy out, if people want a deer mower they have to buy from them but a whole lot come to the local shop for their parts on the deer mowers.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 04-26-2014, 10:51 PM
uzupan uzupan is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by B&M Lawncare View Post
Yes Gravely is the better choice heavy duty machines and dealers always stand behind them. Could be just one of those odd mishaps.

I know mine sounds like a rant but stuff happens, the are always buried in work and backlogs due to limited space, they stay busier than the new huge John deer dealership less than 1 mile away specifically targeting my local dealer to try to knock the small local guy out, if people want a deer mower they have to buy from them but a whole lot come to the local shop for their parts on the deer mowers.
I sent my dealer a text and he sent me a txt back and said the spindles and blades are straight. What he is going to try is putting a washer on so the blade will be a little lower. If that does not fix the problem I guess we will see what Gravely will do. The machine has done this since it was new, it has 19 hours on it.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 04-26-2014, 11:12 PM
JCLawn and more's Avatar
JCLawn and more JCLawn and more is online now
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: MI
Posts: 4,862
My only experience with gravely is when I had to rent a encore mower from an equipment dealer a few years back. I was in the market for a diesel mower and asked them about a diesel gravely. He told me up down left and right how stupid it was to buy a diesel ztr and he would not sell me one . Well 5 days later I returned the pos encore and told him I bought a new diesel Kubota ztr and he turned pale. Honestly I wouldnt mind a gravely walk behind but the dealers around me who are gravely are on the level of the companies that run gravely around here. I might be in my early 20's but treat me with some respect and when I ask a question I don't deserve to be blown off. When I order parts don't put a person who most likley doesn't even know how to change the oil in a car at the counter.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 04-27-2014, 08:14 AM
southerntide's Avatar
southerntide southerntide is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Alabama
Posts: 1,763
Quote:
Originally Posted by uzupan View Post
I sent my dealer a text and he sent me a txt back and said the spindles and blades are straight. What he is going to try is putting a washer on so the blade will be a little lower. If that does not fix the problem I guess we will see what Gravely will do. The machine has done this since it was new, it has 19 hours on it.
That could very well be a issue, I know on my 05 148Z if you do not have the big washer on top of blade and the secondary smaller one on bottom contacting the blade bolt the cut can become weird.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 04-27-2014, 08:19 AM
southerntide's Avatar
southerntide southerntide is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Alabama
Posts: 1,763
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCLawn and more View Post
My only experience with gravely is when I had to rent a encore mower from an equipment dealer a few years back. I was in the market for a diesel mower and asked them about a diesel gravely. He told me up down left and right how stupid it was to buy a diesel ztr and he would not sell me one . Well 5 days later I returned the pos encore and told him I bought a new diesel Kubota ztr and he turned pale. Honestly I wouldnt mind a gravely walk behind but the dealers around me who are gravely are on the level of the companies that run gravely around here. I might be in my early 20's but treat me with some respect and when I ask a question I don't deserve to be blown off. When I order parts don't put a person who most likley doesn't even know how to change the oil in a car at the counter.
Posted via Mobile Device
You should contact a Gravely Rep on site and them know about your dealers behavior if in fact he is treating customers in that manner and as a dealer carrying the Gravely name it would be way out of line for that kind of action with customers and terrible for Gravely also.

It has nothing to do with him being a dealer licensed under them it is the person themselves responsible for their actions.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 04-27-2014, 08:40 AM
JCLawn and more's Avatar
JCLawn and more JCLawn and more is online now
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: MI
Posts: 4,862
Quote:
Originally Posted by B&M Lawncare View Post
You should contact a Gravely Rep on site and them know about your dealers behavior if in fact he is treating customers in that manner and as a dealer carrying the Gravely name it would be way out of line for that kind of action with customers and terrible for Gravely also.

It has nothing to do with him being a dealer licensed under them it is the person themselves responsible for their actions.
Being that this thread was started by gravely I thought I kinda did that. I know its not the company themselves its the dealer, but this is why I haven't even really looked at them because the dealers in my area do not reflect the image gravely has tried to set. I know of at least one other guy in another state that won't touch gravely for the same reasons. Personally I think it is usually new shops and they pick gravely because they sell. Because they are new dealers they dont have the experience dealing with customers (especially commercial guys) or experience with what is on the market other than what they carry.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:38 AM.

Forum Rules:

This Ariens/Gravely sponsored forum is administrator monitored. LawnSite.com does not allow any manufacturer competitor attacks and will strongly enforce this. If you want your discussion to be viewable by the public and responded to in a professional manner then please keep your discussions professional and to the point.

All discussions are viewed by the administration before being released to the public. Your post may not be made viewable for up to 48 hours. Please allow the manufacturer representative enough time to respond to your question or comment once made viewable.

LawnSite.com is not affiliated with the Ariens/Gravely company. This forum is provided by LawnSite.com to Ariens/Gravely in order to better server their customers


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
Lawnsite,  Plowsite, WeldingWeb, LawnCareSuccess, Everythinggreen, & Lawnbusiness.net are trademarks of Lawn Care Success, Inc

Page generated in 0.09257 seconds with 8 queries