Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-09-2013, 11:06 AM
themadcutter themadcutter is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: florida
Posts: 723
used exmark mower with horizontal shaft motor

Did any of you use these. I was looking at a used one with a 27hp kohler motor. its the kind where the belt loops up to the back of the engine.

It seems to run fine and the spindles feel tight. climbs a hill well. wheel motors and pumps seem ok.

its a 52" on its second motor. The deck does have some holes in it. I forgot to take pictures. but he says its about 6 years old. I thought it has been a little longer than that since exmark stopped making this mower.

The guy wants $1700. I think its a little over priced. what do you think?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-09-2013, 12:12 PM
zackvbra zackvbra is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lake park, ga
Posts: 537
Thats too much, even for an exmark. if its on its second motor it probably has around 3,000 hrs on it? The price should be at the most 1,000 or less. It should be used as a back up. I definately wouldnt be using it as a primary.
__________________
My set up:
-2007 Chevy 2500hd 8.1l 4x4
-7x18 enclosed trailer
-Grasshopper front mount 61", gravely 52"
-36" Gravely Walkbehind, 21" exmark push mower
-Stihl everything
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-09-2013, 02:20 PM
themadcutter themadcutter is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: florida
Posts: 723
Quote:
Originally Posted by zackvbra View Post
Thats too much, even for an exmark. if its on its second motor it probably has around 3,000 hrs on it? The price should be at the most 1,000 or less. It should be used as a back up. I definately wouldnt be using it as a primary.
yes. it was jus going to be a spare.

the hour meter wasn't working so I don't know the hours but I would bet it has 3000 hurs. the guy had 80 accounts and this was his only mower.


Do you know when they stopped making that style exmark?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-09-2013, 02:30 PM
zackvbra zackvbra is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lake park, ga
Posts: 537
Quote:
Originally Posted by themadcutter View Post
yes. it was jus going to be a spare.

the hour meter wasn't working so I don't know the hours but I would bet it has 3000 hurs. the guy had 80 accounts and this was his only mower.


Do you know when they stopped making that style exmark?
No idea. I'm young I have only been doing this for 5 years now. They probably stopped making them before I even got into this.
__________________
My set up:
-2007 Chevy 2500hd 8.1l 4x4
-7x18 enclosed trailer
-Grasshopper front mount 61", gravely 52"
-36" Gravely Walkbehind, 21" exmark push mower
-Stihl everything
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-09-2013, 02:38 PM
zackvbra zackvbra is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lake park, ga
Posts: 537
wow, 80 accounts i didnt see that. He probably put 6 hours a day on it. and he had it for 6 years, and based on a 7 month mowing period, if he mowed every day it would be around 7,500 hrs. minus some for weekends and down time it would probably be roughly 6,000 hrs or so. That thing is probably wore out, i wouldnt even get it, even if it was just going to be a back up. but thats just me.
__________________
My set up:
-2007 Chevy 2500hd 8.1l 4x4
-7x18 enclosed trailer
-Grasshopper front mount 61", gravely 52"
-36" Gravely Walkbehind, 21" exmark push mower
-Stihl everything
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-09-2013, 03:21 PM
themadcutter themadcutter is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: florida
Posts: 723
Quote:
Originally Posted by zackvbra View Post
No idea. I'm young I have only been doing this for 5 years now. They probably stopped making them before I even got into this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zackvbra View Post
wow, 80 accounts i didnt see that. He probably put 6 hours a day on it. and he had it for 6 years, and based on a 7 month mowing period, if he mowed every day it would be around 7,500 hrs. minus some for weekends and down time it would probably be roughly 6,000 hrs or so. That thing is probably wore out, i wouldnt even get it, even if it was just going to be a back up. but thats just me.


Excellent point but I am betting he didn't start out with 80 accounts but I was thinking along the same lines. I like the way you thought it out so I crunched some slightly different numbers and I came up with a lower number of hours the way I did it. about 4500 but still a lot.

I am sure they were not making them this way 5 years ago. He claims its 6 years old but I was worried it was closer to 8.

thanks for the responses
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:59 AM.

Page generated in 0.06486 seconds with 9 queries