Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-02-2013, 09:02 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandview (2006) View Post
Update. Filled up yesterday,based on my driving(using personal) I'm on my 3rd fill up at the same amount of time and miles with the other gas I would be filling up for a 5th time,so far so good.
Really. That big of a difference
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-02-2013, 10:44 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA Quality Lawn & YS View Post
I have used the same trimmer for 3 years now with literally nothing done to it, and running e10 blend. Someone putting water in your gas down there? Do you use cheap walmart oil mix? I am glad I do biz in the Heartland.
I've been in the business for a pretty long time and I've never had trouble with 2 cycle equipment like I've had the past about two years. Had to replace the primer bulbs on just about all my trimmers, hedge trimmers and blowers. Carb problems in miscellaneous equipment. Fuel lines in older equipment turning to jelly. Went to pull a fuel line off a red max blower (about 4 inches long) and it stretched to about 12 inches long before coming apart. Stuff I run everyday I don't have as may problems with. I'm looking to buy ethanol free gas and put it in bulk at my shop. Can't find it within a reasonable distance (central pa). Stihl dealer tried to get me to but aviation fuel at like 7 buck a gallon and I said no thanks. Straight gas is guaranteed to make fuel efficiency go up.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:56 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA Quality Lawn & YS View Post
I have used the same trimmer for 3 years now with literally nothing done to it, and running e10 blend. Someone putting water in your gas down there? Do you use cheap walmart oil mix? I am glad I do biz in the Heartland.
I don't shop at walmart. Redmax oil only, and whatever grade of ethanol free that is convienient. Water in the fuel? Probably, it's called humidity. But as I said, I use ONLY ethanol free so I don't have carb problems any more.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:59 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

ethanol free for me too. bulbs and fuel line problems on a brand new echo trimmer before switching to the eth free.

that's all i will run in my 2 cycle engines now. makes a difference if you ask me. starts easy and doesn't wear stuff out. btw, i'm in the south also...

worth the little extra i pay for it, imho...
Old 04-02-2013, 11:00 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFLE View Post
I've been in the business for a pretty long time and I've never had trouble with 2 cycle equipment like I've had the past about two years. Had to replace the primer bulbs on just about all my trimmers, hedge trimmers and blowers. Carb problems in miscellaneous equipment. Fuel lines in older equipment turning to jelly. Went to pull a fuel line off a red max blower (about 4 inches long) and it stretched to about 12 inches long before coming apart. Stuff I run everyday I don't have as may problems with. I'm looking to buy ethanol free gas and put it in bulk at my shop. Can't find it within a reasonable distance (central pa). Stihl dealer tried to get me to but aviation fuel at like 7 buck a gallon and I said no thanks. Straight gas is guaranteed to make fuel efficiency go up.
I feel your pain. I was there a few years ago, constantly repairing and buying new carbs, before I went ethanol free. We are fortunate in Central NC to have numerous stations that carry different grades of ethanol free.
Old 04-02-2013, 11:38 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Can't find e free gas in Jersey. Unless you go buy airplane fuel 100 plus at $7 a gallon. I had some issues about 4-5 yrs ago when it first switched here. But in last 3 plus yrs I've had zero issues with plus grade 89 gas and either Stihl Ultra or Amsoil mix oil. I had lots of problems with echo and redmax oils even the sun blends. But after going full synthetic I've had zero issues.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-03-2013, 01:25 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

here its same price or cheaper
Old 04-03-2013, 08:32 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snyder's Lawn Inc View Post
here its same price or cheaper
it's just slightly higher here...
Old 04-03-2013, 08:56 AM
LawnSite Member

ethanol here in the midwest sometimes is 15%...it does attract water
Old 04-03-2013, 09:37 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I guess I'm just one of those lucky guys who has never had any carb/fuel line/primer bulb issues using the ethanol blend. I honestly get that some of you have problems with the ethanol and I'm quite sure it's probably the ethanol that does it. If we had an ethanol free option anywhere near anywhere I go, I would use it. But we don't, so I hope I continue staying lucky.