Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-28-2013, 09:30 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom-N-Texas View Post
I don't know how you northeast people do it....my gosh, I've got over 200 accounts here in texas and I still have a hard time making it through the winter....and our "winter" doesn't really get started until the middle of december.
charge more maybe? do you guys have a big fall down there? here in ct leaves are huge deal. some accounts need two or three clean ups, some even more, and if you wait until everything is down and do the clean up all at once there's a 1ft of leaves on the ground maybe even more depending on the area.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:38 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

yea I could probably get away with charging a bit more but I have to be careful, as there's lots of competition, especially the illegal variety.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:42 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I'm right on track for what we usually do and when we usually start working again. We're gonna take this weekend to service everything and get it ready, then We are going full swing on Mon with spring clean-ups.
2010 Equipment/Stripe thread Here
2009 Equipment/Stripe thread Here
Hurricane blower video Here
Old 03-28-2013, 09:43 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I have some accounts with gaint White Oaks and they can drop really late, sometimes not until spring. There's no curbside pickup of yard waste around here. I have a half dozen accounts in this subdivision. With all those woods, lots of leaves and sticks will be on the lawns, especially after a couple of Nor'easters.

http://binged.it/11UA3BN
Old 03-29-2013, 12:24 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Only ran a 3 man crew today but it was nice to finally be doing paying work. Knocked out 5 spring clean ups today I am on tract for one of the worst March months I have ever had. Kind of sad when you get a whole 3 billable days for the month.
Old 03-29-2013, 07:35 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEGOLDPRO View Post
I'm right on track for what we usually do and when we usually start working again. We're gonna take this weekend to service everything and get it ready, then We are going full swing on Mon with spring clean-ups.
You'll be plowing at the end of the week
Old 03-29-2013, 08:09 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

My second year full time so not much to compare to, but I'm in the middle of my biggest patio so far. Just been battling rain/snow. Hopefully it stays above freezing from here on out. Got 3 calls for sod this week, lets get it boys
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-29-2013, 09:37 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly's Landscaping View Post
Only ran a 3 man crew today but it was nice to finally be doing paying work. Knocked out 5 spring clean ups today I am on tract for one of the worst March months I have ever had. Kind of sad when you get a whole 3 billable days for the month.
It definitely was nice getting out today for sure! Knocked off a few quick clean ups and I'll likely hit the ground running mid week.
Old 03-30-2013, 12:10 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEGOLDPRO View Post
I was thinking of starting on tuesday, gas stations might be a little crowded monday with all the other landscapers starting on april first. lol, i was gonna go in full swing once all the snow melts....probably smart move on my side, customers might be wondering why i'm trying to do a spring clean up while snow is still on there lawn in spots....
Old 04-02-2013, 12:49 PM
LawnSite Member

This time last year I had already cut all of my customers twice in March and was gearing up for a heavy April. Hard to believe the difference in one year.

Being solo and part time it's not as bad as it must be on you guys who are doing it as a first income. I've been lucky to have a couple of early cleanups in March and a landscape renovation lined up for early April. Most people here are still in "winter mode" and not thinking about having their grass cut. I'm hoping to see a warming trend on the temperatures and some sunny days in a row myself. Tired of the winter blahs.