Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-25-2013, 02:12 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by APLUS LAWN CARE View Post
I am a little bit frustrated and disappointed and I need some help! I am just looking for honest advise, please don't bash me or ridicule me. First off, let me tell you a little bit about my company.

2011: I started my company in 2011. The 2011 mowing season went pretty well for my first year. I started with a decent number of accounts and I didn't gain any new accounts but I did make all of my customers really happy and all of them have been return customers so I must be doing something right as far as customer retention. I had about 15 accounts (about 50% residential, 50% commercial).

2012: I did some advertising and picked up some new accounts and did okay. Financially, I didn't make any more money than I did in 2011 because of the severe drought. But overall, I would say it was a good season. I had about 25 accounts (about 60% residential, 40% commercial).

2013: This is the year that I wanted to go big. I started advertising early and to the best of my ability. In fact, I am still advertising as heavily as I can.

Now, it is still pretty early and I shouldn't be getting too worried just yet but I haven't got a single call for mowing or landscaping or any maintenance services. Compared to prior years, this is pretty unusual. I have about 10 bids in for commercial accounts for 2013, and so far 2 of them have been rejected.

I have always been fairly confident in my bidding process but it seems like I am losing too many bids. I am beginning to think that I may be too confident in the way I do things and maybe I ain't doing things the right way. I don't know what I am doing wrong. Basically, I just need some business advice and any other kind of advise you can offer. I need to do good this year and I don't know if that is going to happen. My eyes and ears are open, so please help me!

Hey there, sorry to hear you're having a rough time. My question for you is, what type of marketing/advertising are you doing and who are you targeting?

Sylvia Heneghan
Old 03-25-2013, 03:21 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey aplus, where in North Missouri are you located. I might have a few tips to get you jump started.

Tags
bidding , business advice , business help