Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-31-2013, 03:33 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marek View Post
What size skid did you buy ? In your area I wouldnt bush hog anything with out a cab unless its during the winter. You guys have some really agressive insects down there. Chiggers, green heads , no see ums and on and on. Each piece has its own place in our industry , its really nice to have both if you can. Our 3240 Kubota sits alot but come aeration time it rolls, we also run a 36" debris blower on it for leaves and plow in the winter , if and when we get snow.
I bought a takeuchi tl 130. The insects can be bad at times,but its part of the job. Most oft he time any bushogging I do is done in the late fall when the grass goes dormat for the winter.

When i bought my mahidra it was a good size ,but as i got bigger the skidloader was a better fit. I dont want to not have a tractor because it has its place too ,but it seems to sit alot now that i have the skid. I was just thinking i would use the little tractor more than my current one IDK, I may just keep what i got. I don't think the little tractor will be very productive with a bushogg or tiller ,but i like the idea of it for yard work and as a expensize wheelborrow.