Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-22-2014, 11:02 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Echo 770 vs stihl br 600

Was wondering on a comparison between the 2 blowers if anyone has any input for me on both these units. I know the br600 is a great blower. I've been looking at the echo unit latly since our local shop is running a good deal on it. I run stihl and echo. I like both companies, I prefer stihl but Echo units have been dependable and they are so much better on fuel I think. Your thoughts, gonna buy 2 new backpacks here soon, was looking for any advice. Thanks.
Old Yesterday, 12:04 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

as far as fuel the br600 is quite a bit better on fuel then the 770. and in my opinion they are around dead even on performance i had both and still have the 600 its the better blower in my opinion
Old Yesterday, 12:18 AM
LawnSite Member

I agree used both the sthil is hard to beat. For me would have to do with price difference And which dealer takes care of it after purchase.
Old Yesterday, 08:29 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

The echo blower (from my demo experience) is really comfortable to wear on your back for an extended period of time. They both have nice straps and thickly padded being these are larger blowers.
Echo PE-200 Edger
Echo HC-152 Hedge Trimmer
Echo PAS-230 with Articulating Hedge Trimmer
Echo CS-370 Chainsaw
Husqvarna 130-BT Backpack Blower

Check out my youtube channel for lawn care videos and small engine repair!

https://www.youtube.com/ilike2mow
Old Yesterday, 09:03 AM
LawnSite Member

This is opening a can of worms...some say Stihl some say Echo. IMHO I'd buy the Echo with the contingency you have good Echo dealer support. The Stihl may be comfy but the Echo is also very comfortable and has more real world power. Keep up maintenance it will provide years of excellent service! Coming from someone who's owned both and let's just say I now only have the PB 770H...
Posted via Mobile Device
Old Yesterday, 09:46 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Red Max 8500/Husqvarna 580BTS or you're losing money, because time is money. If someone comes out with something bigger and better, my 8500's go away.
Old Yesterday, 04:45 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94gt331 View Post
Was wondering on a comparison between the 2 blowers if anyone has any input for me on both these units. I know the br600 is a great blower. I've been looking at the echo unit latly since our local shop is running a good deal on it. I run stihl and echo. I like both companies, I prefer stihl but Echo units have been dependable and they are so much better on fuel I think. Your thoughts, gonna buy 2 new backpacks here soon, was looking for any advice. Thanks.
Basically there's not a lot of noticeable difference between the two. The 770 is 756 cfm with a average air velocity of 196 mph and the BR 600 is 712 cfm with a air velocity of 201 mph. The cost of the annual fuel expenditure can be found at
http://www.stihlusa.com/products/tec...gs-calculator/ The Stihl is cheaper to run than most anything else.

THe Stihl BR 600 is on sale right now for $479
Blowers:Stihl BR 600 BR 600 BR 200 Trimmers: Stihl FS 110 Stihl FS 90
Edgers: Stihl FC 90&75 Echo BRD 280 Pole Saw: Stihl HT 75 Hedge Trimmer: Stihl HL 45 HS 45

Last edited by ric1; Yesterday at 04:50 PM.
Old Yesterday, 07:34 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

All of 30 seconds I'm wasting to tell you there's little Echo has on the market that can compare side by side with Stihl's top models, they have plenty that will compete with the lower end and price-wise but once you get into the high end Echo offers no competition.
Old Yesterday, 08:31 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuallyVette View Post
Red Max 8500/Husqvarna 580BTS or you're losing money, because time is money. If someone comes out with something bigger and better, my 8500's go away.
Posted via Mobile Device
I just bought another 8500z today a few hours ago. I have 3 now, an echo 770 and a stihl 600 magnum, the stihl is a joke when it comes to leaves. I keep it around for blowing grass clippings of driveways during the cutting season as it is light weight and decent on fuel.
Old Yesterday, 09:11 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I'm with Dually, RedMax 8500's are a beast of a pack blower. Stihl and Echo do not compare, and I have all (3). RedMax drinks fuel, but also moves piles of leaves the other (2) can not. Stihl blowers are very comfortable, and light, but for blowing power, ----- REDMAX -----

As for the real question, BR 600 is a better overall unit than the Echo, IMHO....