Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-06-2013, 10:26 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
An update on my Wolfsnout-

Bummer, the black foam over the mouth area is starting to crumble and fall off. Mine has not been used much for the last month or so since it hasn't really been needed, so it isn't from wear and tear. I am disappointed with it in this regard, especially for the cost, since it is otherwise a great product.

Call them and tell them so you can get another one because it's not worth using for 2 weeks or 2 days for that matter.

I hope they stand behind their products. When I find out if they do is going to be the day they either make a sale or lose and sale.
Old 09-06-2013, 10:59 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I imagine he'll see this sooner or later. It still works great right now, but by next season it won't be nearly as effective with half the foam covering the mouth area gone. It may not be that expensive a product, but I expect it to last better than this for the price, especially since I take excellent care of my stuff.
Old 09-07-2013, 07:31 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

You have to be careful with petroleum products around this type of foam. Gas and oil on your hands will dissolve this type of foam in short order. I always have gloves in but take them off before I mess with mask. I've had no trouble. Looks like it came right out of the box. I give a quick rinse and maybe a drop of dish soap. Squeeze it out and dry by morning.
Old 09-07-2013, 07:56 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

No petroleum based products have ever been near mine. I am very fussy about my stuff, and take better care of it than most anyone I know personally. It is simply deteriorating from the UV rays of the sun, at least that sure what looks to be happening. I don't keep it stored in the sunlight when not in use either.
Old 09-08-2013, 12:08 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildstarblazer View Post
Here is a picture of it. The glue must have failed here.
Whooo! I have never seen one do that! Are your sure you didn't run over it with the lawn mower...lol. Hey man I will be happy to replace it. I will send a return shipping label. If you don't mind I would like for you to send it back to me so I can determine what happened to it. The adhesive is melted from an extruder and pressed in a die to form that seem. It then impregnates the seam and the surrounding foam. If there where a bubble in the line or a brief drop in air pressure that opens the nozzle valve, it could have possibly put less than the normal amount of glue and the computer would have no idea. Very rarely this can happen but normally it would not make it to the next step in the process. Email me tim@wolfsnout.com or call any time 770 598 2994. I will pull up your order and send a new one out. There is no reason why...even if used every day...it should not last though cutting season or more. All Star Landscapes here locally has been using his same ones since last year with no issues. I just confirmed this before I responded. Also we have a few here that we wash every day 5-6 times and have been doing this since last November. The colors fade slightly after a while but they stay together.

We 100% stand behind the quality of this product 100% of the time. Just give me a call or email.
Old 09-08-2013, 12:16 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenology View Post
Not sure if this has been mentioned already in the thread, what about breathing in exhaled air? With the paper masks I seem to be just breathing in used breath, which can't be great without a great deal of fresh oxygen in it. Dies this one allow enough fresh air in or just need to breath the old stuff and be happy?
This mask does NOT trap your exhaled air! That's part of why it does stand in a class of it's own. It would take aprox 3 square feat of paper filter to get
close to the same air flow as our 1/2" thick depth loading filter foam.
As you speak with the mask on you can feel the exhaled air easily exit the mask.
Old 09-08-2013, 04:21 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Still didn't answer my question. What kind of warranty comes with this item?
Old 09-08-2013, 04:33 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

From 2 posts back it sounds like a lifetime if for some reason it fails. Only one guy has come on here and said he had a problem. Wolfsnout promptly replied and said he would replace it and pay for shipping. How much better of a warranty do you want?
Old 09-08-2013, 04:49 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
Still didn't answer my question. What kind of warranty comes with this item?
We have no stated time period for a warranty. I will say this...If you do not feel you got your moneys worth out of the mask I will take care of it up to a year. Maybe longer. As for the strap, It will not fail even after a thousand stretches. We have tested up to that with no noticeable difference. Citrus cleaners and acidic drinks may damage the foam. We have had very few problems over 5.5 years. 20,000+ masks and have never left a customer unhappy.... as far as I know.
770 598 2994
Tim
Old 09-08-2013, 05:00 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfsnout® View Post
We have no stated time period for a warranty. I will say this...If you do not feel you got your moneys worth out of the mask I will take care of it up to a year. Maybe longer. As for the strap, It will not fail even after a thousand stretches. We have tested up to that with no noticeable difference. Citrus cleaners and acidic drinks may damage the foam. We have had very few problems over 5.5 years. 20,000+ masks and have never left a customer unhappy.... as far as I know.
770 598 2994
Tim
Tim-
My foam isn't bad yet, but loses a little more foam every rinsing and by next season I expect it will be in fairly bad condition. I just noticed that it was starting to crumble up a bit a falling off in small pieces right now after the last time I had it on, almost like really large dust sized particles, not chunks, but clearly deteriorating. I have never used anything but laundry soap when it was really dirty, and I don't use any citrus or petroleum based products on it whatsoever. I will be needing to use it a lot shortly when mulching leaves. It is a great product otherwise.

Tags
landscaping dust mask , mowing dust mask , outdoor dust mask , polen dust mask , summer mowing dust mask