Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-19-2013, 09:18 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfsnout® View Post
it is a totally different patented approach than the paper ones everyone dislikes. the under nose fit makes for a less confining feel when compared to any other mask. when used correctly it is comfortable enough for all day use.
http://wolfsnout.com/Dust_mask_for_landscaping.html
It makes safety glasses easier and more comfortable to wear as well. My glasses have foam rims to seal my eyes and the Wolfsnout is clear to do its job. Going on 6 months now and still as fresh as the day I unpacked it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-25-2013, 12:57 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Got mine this last week. Been using it for aeration plug breakup mowing's which is incredibly gritty and dirty when using G3/G5/G6 Oregon gators.

I’m happy fine with it however I’d gladly pay extra for a version where I can freely nose breath as easily as mouth breath in the same chamber. I have a bigger nose bridge than many and a full rubber seal would be great.

I'd Rather Be Flying
Always Looking for Greener Grass
Always Looking for Better Mower Blades ™
Say "YES" to higher mowing heights.
Old 10-25-2013, 06:19 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Are you wearing it too high? By nose bridge, do you mean the area b/tw your eyes, or the septum b/tw your nostrils? They are not "air-tight" but they're so comfortable I wear mine over 95% of the time now...it's 2nd nature...just me 'n my 'snout!
Some folks are so contrary that if they fell into a river,
they'd insist on floating upstream.
~ Josh Billings
Old 10-27-2013, 01:21 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valk View Post
Are you wearing it too high? By nose bridge, do you mean the area b/tw your eyes, or the septum b/tw your nostrils? They are not "air-tight" but they're so comfortable I wear mine over 95% of the time now...it's 2nd nature...just me 'n my 'snout!
At first I was wearing it high then I wore it as per the instructions to put the flap under ones nostrils. This tends to cause me to not inhale normally...via my nose.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-27-2013, 02:43 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I gotta say, I like mine so far... I've had about 4 days of use out of it. The only thing I'm starting to notice is, I let my beard grow out more during the winter and it's been aggravating my mustache some.
Old 10-30-2013, 10:58 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Wolfsnout I noticed that the Landscaper model goggles are considered the standard model but you also offer a more expensive lined model. Could you go into more detail about the differences between the two? Maybe even some pics possibly?

Reason I'm asking is I'm looking for a goggle to combat the cold weather. Rolling 10 mph on a mower in 30 degree weather freezes my eyeball's. Was wondering would the lined units make more sense. I doubt I would ever use them in warmer temps. Any insight would be much appreciated. I need something real soon. Thanks
Old 10-31-2013, 11:01 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I called and asked your same question...and was told that lower speeds would not need a liner. The liner was better for faster (city & hwy) speeds on a motorcycle or atv.

I've not yet had a chance to try my unlined goggles due to the leaves not really falling yet, and the lack of dust from all the rains we've received lately. And, there's more rain in next week's forecast.
~ Josh Billings
Old 10-31-2013, 11:02 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcbailey View Post
I gotta say, I like mine so far... I've had about 4 days of use out of it. The only thing I'm starting to notice is, I let my beard grow out more during the winter and it's been aggravating my mustache some.
I concur...and have kept my beard shorter than normal as a result.
~ Josh Billings
Old 10-31-2013, 06:01 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboynormmie View Post
Hey Wolfsnout I noticed that the Landscaper model goggles are considered the standard model but you also offer a more expensive lined model. Could you go into more detail about the differences between the two? Maybe even some pics possibly?

Reason I'm asking is I'm looking for a goggle to combat the cold weather. Rolling 10 mph on a mower in 30 degree weather freezes my eyeball's. Was wondering would the lined units make more sense. I doubt I would ever use them in warmer temps. Any insight would be much appreciated. I need something real soon. Thanks
They are the best anti fog you can get. The air flow is defused and filtered with regular goggles without the liner. The liner is to keep dust out at higher speeds but I would say less air flow would be a little warmer. The regular is better for year round use. at 10mph. The liner may be a bit to warm at low speeds in the summer. I hope this helps. You can return if you are not happy with them. No hassle!
Old 11-06-2013, 02:30 PM
Sponsor

http//www.wolfsnout.com/Dust_mask_for_landscaping.html\

The perfect fit!

Tags
landscaping dust mask , mowing dust mask , outdoor dust mask , polen dust mask , summer mowing dust mask