Click for Weather

Old 04-04-2013, 09:29 PM
LawnSite Member

Ahhhh Thats 1.25GPM on 1000ftsq!!!
Old 04-04-2013, 10:20 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryBK View Post
A flow jet pump on 300' of 1/2" hose is what I use and its dual with 1/4" bonded to it. I use 1.25GPM/100ftsq and have absolutely no problems getting output. I do have a competitor that uses the same system I do and they agitate whatever their fertilizer is with a third electric pump. Have no idea why they need to agitate the fertilizer. I suspect it is because they are much bigger than me and are doing several houses on a block so they don't get the agitation I do from driving between lawns. My average houses are probably 5 blocks apart. Wasn't always that busy. We put a website up 3 years ago and business has doubled the last 2 years and will double again this year by all indications. I'm going to try to pick up a couple of those used TruGreen NPRs this winter. 2006 or newer.

Question on the boom system. I see everyone loving their PG rideons with booms. Average lawn size is probably 3000 square feet here now and lawns are getting smaller and smaller as new areas are developed. Do you somehow boom these areas or are we talking acreages?
I won't boom standard residential lawns. They're 5,000 sq ft or so in my area. I will only use it on the bigger areas. I handgunned 1.5 acres on Easter Sunday last weekend for a farmer I know. It was his personal house out in the country. I will use my gun around the trees, high line poles, etc. then jump on the mower and knock out the rest. I like the idea of having the nozzles at the same height at all times during the application as well as the same speed (stopper blocks to regulate how far my mower drive handles go down). I may invest in a push boom for small residential lawns like you're talking about. Until then, I'll just use my TeeJet Gun on them with my skid.

Larry-YardBoss Lawncare
8 years in the business.
Oklahoma Licensed Pesticide Applicator (3a)
2012 Hustler X-One 60", 26hp, Flex Forks, Mulch Kit
Echo Handhelds

Old 04-04-2013, 10:24 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I figured that was a typing error I live in a smaller town and know a lot of people who live in the country with bigger properties. That's why the ztr boom investment.

Larry-YardBoss Lawncare
8 years in the business.
Oklahoma Licensed Pesticide Applicator (3a)
2012 Hustler X-One 60", 26hp, Flex Forks, Mulch Kit
Echo Handhelds

Old 04-04-2013, 10:29 PM
LawnSite Member

Ah. That'll do it....
Old 04-05-2013, 02:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryBK View Post
But what do you need to keep in suspension that settles without agitation?
Preemergent products, iron, potash, WP fungicides...all will settle out without proper agitation into goo in the bottom of your tank.
That not only means your application rates will be off, but that you now have a difficult mess to deal with inside your tank.

I'll assume that most daily sprayers are running 200-500 gallon tanks and sloshing isn't going to keep them mixed.

I do like electric on 10-35 gallons tanks, especially for roundup which will destroy most pumps. I use an rv water pump for that and when it's dead, clean and toss it.
Old 10-22-2013, 08:33 PM
LawnSite Member

sub for pics............................thanks...........................