Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 03-25-2013, 10:48 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by n-green View Post
Funny for 5:00 AM!
Don't these cards have to be bundled in lots of 50 when you deliver to PO?
It's possible to do your own bundling. I paid my printer .01 each to sort them in bundles. I wish I had the time to do it myself.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-25-2013, 11:43 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

do you use a local printer?..I use got print usually but they don't bundle..we can get 10k down with 2 of us in about 4 hrs...
Old 03-25-2013, 01:16 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EquityGreen View Post
They say the magic number for dollars spent on marketing is 15% so we will have quite a bit more to go.
Posted via Mobile Device
Magic for what? Explain that further.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-25-2013, 02:08 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efficiency View Post
Magic for what? Explain that further.
Posted via Mobile Device
15% is the number that I've heard works very well if you can afford to spend that much on advertising. I've never been able to dedicate that much money towards advertising in the past but I will try to get as close as possible this season.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-25-2013, 06:30 PM
LawnSite Member

Do you mean that an advertising budget should be 15% of gross sales? (based on previous year sales).
I've heard similar figures but not really sure what it's based on. Maybe some of the larger cos. have such budgets?
Old 03-25-2013, 06:40 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EquityGreen View Post
15% is the number that I've heard works very well if you can afford to spend that much on advertising. I've never been able to dedicate that much money towards advertising in the past but I will try to get as close as possible this season.
Posted via Mobile Device

That is a ton of money! Ive never heard a number that high but I am not always right. I am very interested in seeing the follow up on this to see how you do. I have heard EDDM results from 1/4 of 1 percent to 1 percent. Hope you do better than that.

Then you have to CLOSE THEM.
Old 03-25-2013, 06:59 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

From what im seeing and my consultant is hearing, responses thus far this spring are in the toilet. We closed 1/4% of our direct mail pieces thus far at ~70% closing rate. The weather is to blame IMO
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-26-2013, 07:08 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efficiency View Post
From what im seeing and my consultant is hearing, responses thus far this spring are in the toilet. We closed 1/4% of our direct mail pieces thus far at ~70% closing rate. The weather is to blame IMO
Posted via Mobile Device
Agreed. I just ran the numbers and we are right at 1/4% of our mailers also. Not sure on the closing rate though. I am thinking of doing another round to get the last minute decision makers once the weather pops.

Do you think people will hang on the the cards and call when the weather breaks? I have had solid responses for 6 weeks after my mailings typically so I hope the same is true this year.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:26 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by klsgc View Post
Agreed. I just ran the numbers and we are right at 1/4% of our mailers also. Not sure on the closing rate though. I am thinking of doing another round to get the last minute decision makers once the weather pops.

Do you think people will hang on the the cards and call when the weather breaks? I have had solid responses for 6 weeks after my mailings typically so I hope the same is true this year.
Praying thats the case. We are only at 40% of our revenue goal for new sales but still have 40% of our direct mail to go out. Time will tell.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-26-2013, 11:21 PM
LawnSite Member

How is your cancellation rate? That makes a big difference too. We are surprisingly low. I think I'm at about 6% right now which is way behind last year. I don't know if I'm supposed to expect a bunch more cancels once the weather pops and people start shopping more or if we are going to retain a little better than normal this year?