Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-25-2013, 08:23 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

I've said it in every echo bashing thread that i use low octane gas with ethanol in it with no problems. This is my 8th season with echo and have the original trimmer i bought back then.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-25-2013, 08:27 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

i got fed up with echo a long time ago. used to swear by them -now i swear at them. junk! once i ditched echo -the life of my stuff is much longer. 2x even 4x . i have yet to wear out a shindawia .zamma carbs suck
Old 03-25-2013, 01:41 PM
LawnSite Member

Why would anyone throw 2 echo trimmers in the trash that are 6 months old?? They are still under warranty. I can tell you all the manufacturers have gumming up problems they carburize and you just clean them out. They all use carbs from China. Zuma i think. We now have to use premium for our mix gas.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-25-2013, 07:29 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockymtnnut View Post
Why would anyone throw 2 echo trimmers in the trash that are 6 months old?? They are still under warranty. I can tell you all the manufacturers have gumming up problems they carburize and you just clean them out. They all use carbs from China. Zuma i think. We now have to use premium for our mix gas.
Posted via Mobile Device
What did Forest Gump say.......about stupid:laugh. And sadly those carb are easy to adjust easy to take apart easy to get internal parts. And very very seldom fail to the point you have to replace.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:44 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

always the same battles, and stories. we have great luck and run many years on echo stuff, and run them hard. too many factors to settle, but i can tell you we dont run high octane either, use opti2 and just never have issues ever.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:13 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnboy dan View Post
i got fed up with echo a long time ago. used to swear by them -now i swear at them. junk! once i ditched echo -the life of my stuff is much longer. 2x even 4x . i have yet to wear out a shindawia .zamma carbs suck
You do realize that shindaiawa and echo are one in the same, and both use zamma carbs, correct?

I have the opposite problem, all my echo stuff runs awesome. My BRAND NEW shindaiwa stick edger WONT RUN AT ALL. Back in the shop it goes for a THIRD time.
Old 03-26-2013, 01:33 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Well, I emptied the tank, dumped some Mechanic in a bottle in there and primed the carb. I started it up briefly, and then let it set 24hrs. dumped some gas in and started it up again. It helped very little if at all. So I said the hell with it and popped the fuel line out of the tank, put a clamp on the throttle trigger to hold it open, and started blowing very low air pressure, about 25psi through the carb to start. Fired it again with no difference. Now im really getting aggravated so I bumped the pressure up to 40psi, and the 80psi.I fired it up again, and guess what, it worked. Now it runs like new. I would say the problem is they have these things jetted so lean for emissions anymore that the tiny jets just clog and gum very easy. I was worried the air pressure may damage the carb, but hell it was junk the way it was anyway.

PEOPLE LOOK FOR ANSWERS FROM A MAN THAT CAN ONLY BE GIVEN FROM GOD.

KNOW THE TRUTH AND THE TRUTH (JESUS) WILL SET YOU FREE!
Old 03-26-2013, 08:14 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

no echo and shindawia arnt the same! jackass. ever see zamma carb on a shindawia? no! of course i know echo bought shin and is selling SOME models that are echo as a shindawia now. but this has only happened in the last few years. i have been using shindawia for over 20 years. if all shins were now echo there would be no reason to even sell shindawia now. echo buying shin is the worst thing to happen in the handheld industry.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:08 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have used Stihl, echo and shindaiwa. I stopped using Stihl completly 20 years ago as there carbs would always clog up with the silicone they used in the gaskets, bad coils, chainsaws that were new and not get oil. they have all been thrown away or were made into nice yard ornaments. since then i have all echo and shindaiwa equipment and have only had one backpack blower(a 13 year old) echo that had a bad coil replaced under warranty. ad the other was a newer shinadaiwa trimmer kept dying due to water in the fresh gas that I got along with a bad filter.

Jaybow, do you want to get rid of that 770t?
Old 03-26-2013, 09:49 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have an Echo SRM-230 and so far I haven't had any issues with it. It was bought over the winter but I do agree the plastic carbs are junk. I only run 93 ethanol free and the Echo Red Armor oil without issues so far.