Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-26-2013, 01:57 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowleak1 View Post
You do realize that shindaiawa and echo are one in the same, and both use zamma carbs, correct?

I have the opposite problem, all my echo stuff runs awesome. My BRAND NEW shindaiwa stick edger WONT RUN AT ALL. Back in the shop it goes for a THIRD time.
Most Shindaiwa's have Walbro carbs not Zamma. The new Shindaiwa's are not as good as the old ones (but what is?) but I do not believe they are Echo's. Most of their current lineup of trimmers were designed before Echo merged with them. Now, some of their blowers are junk Echo equipment.
Old 03-26-2013, 02:54 PM
LawnSite Member

Echo is rebranding it's 21.2cc 225 trimmer and calling it a Shindaiwa T235!!! They are also adding 3 blowers (Rebranded Echo's) to Shindaiwas line up. I think you are about to see the fall of Shindaiwa.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:11 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybow View Post
Well, I emptied the tank, dumped some Mechanic in a bottle in there and primed the carb. I started it up briefly, and then let it set 24hrs. dumped some gas in and started it up again. It helped very little if at all. So I said the hell with it and popped the fuel line out of the tank, put a clamp on the throttle trigger to hold it open, and started blowing very low air pressure, about 25psi through the carb to start. Fired it again with no difference. Now im really getting aggravated so I bumped the pressure up to 40psi, and the 80psi.I fired it up again, and guess what, it worked. Now it runs like new. I would say the problem is they have these things jetted so lean for emissions anymore that the tiny jets just clog and gum very easy. I was worried the air pressure may damage the carb, but hell it was junk the way it was anyway.
you might ought to look into cleaning a carb the correct way NOT like you are doing. you can damage stuff blowing high pressure into holes. the mechanic in bottle is good but not when used like you are using it. It is an addative no carb cleaner.
Old 03-30-2014, 04:22 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I think the Echo SRM 225 trimmers are good. We use quite a few of them.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-31-2014, 01:17 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

one pas 260 that is 8 yrs old
one pas 265 that is 5 yrs old
2 hc 165's
1 spare parts hc160 that ran for 9 yrs before it died
two pb2100's bought in 2000 and still running strong
and my newest addition- one shc225
at one point I had a hc1500 but it didn't have the anti-vibe system so I got rid of it
standard plugs, filters, most parts and they run like crazy.
a smidgen of TLC and every so often clean out the exhaust port buildup on the 265
I run only premium fuel that has a stabilizer in it
as you can see-I like echo
SHIHL SUCKS1 been there/tried that

"non-violence leads to the highest ethics, which is the goal of all evolution. Until we stop harming all other livings beings, we are still savages. THOMAS EDISON
Old 03-31-2014, 09:50 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

i rave ran stihl junk for years and always had their carbs pluging up with silicone from the factory, new saws that dont oil, backpack blowers with coil problems, etc..
I use all echo or husqvarna now and hardly ever have a problem. even leave the fuel in it from the previous season(opti mix) and they always start up. The only problem i've had it primer bulbs drying out and one bad coild on a 90's blower that was covered under warranty from the factory.
Old 03-31-2014, 12:45 PM
LawnSite Member

I've used both sthil and echo as well as red max I can't tell much of a difference between the three but I've had great luck with echo back pack blowers very easy to start and last a very long time.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-31-2014, 02:55 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Echo did not buy Shindaiwa....

What happened was Echo and Shindaiwa merged under the Yamabiko Corporation.

Do you want to know why?

Because of emissions. Shindaiwa and Yamabiko have some insane emissions technology.

Now, with that being said, there are certain units that are being cross bread and colors and name plates are being swapped in some instances, but not all.

And yes, Shindaiwa's of today are not the Shindaiwa's of the past. But this has nothing to do with the merger.

One more thing.... All I run in Shindaiwa for hand helds and I LOVE Shindaiwa... I always have and I always will.

T242's and EB802's all day baby....
Old 04-01-2014, 07:56 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

agree with you armden
Old 04-01-2014, 08:14 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Switched from echo to shindaiwa and redmax and have great luck so far after one year now. echo dealer never backed me up on warranty issues he'd always say you must of used straight gas now you have to buy another one. well maybe when the first trimmer went down , but after that i never carried regular gas on the truck and switched to 89 octane and stihl ultra and another trimmer went down and 2 770 back packs . every time one would go down i'd go to the shop and grab my 12 yr old shindaiwa or redmax.