Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 03-26-2013, 09:30 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

For just about everything Celcius is my go to and Certainty for sedges. You could have different options being all Bermuda, but I have Bermuda and St Augustine also some that are a mix of Bermuda and St Augustine, so that it why I like the Celcius so much because I can use it at 50 in the spring and 90 plus in the summer. Back when I was treating a schools sport fields I always kept some Revolver.

BTW, if you put the pre out early enough to use Gly there is no way you need to be worried about Crabgrass.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

That's the idea I had to cut back on gly as we were getting warmer temps and was afraid of getting green up sooner than normal. What rate do u like to spray it at. Has a wide range on the label
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-26-2013, 10:24 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodlawnservice View Post
That's the idea I had to cut back on gly as we were getting warmer temps and was afraid of getting green up sooner than normal. What rate do u like to spray it at. Has a wide range on the label
Posted via Mobile Device
I like to use the medium rate of .085 per K in spring and another medium rate in June. That puts it at max broadcast a year but they stay pretty darn clean untill it is time for simazine and 3way in Oct.

It may not work as good for you but has been the bee's knee's for me.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:08 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Well I missed the spring appriecate on some customers but starting tomorrow I'm adding it to the mix and will go back and spot some of my previous lawns that has some grassy weeds in them... ill keep u updated how it works for me.. thanks for all the help! U ever spray any liquid fertilizer... id like to play with that a little this year...
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-27-2013, 09:07 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Just be sure to add mso or other surfactant to the celcius
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-27-2013, 09:31 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

How is celcius working for you guys in cold weather? It's my understanding that celcius is really slow to work when it's cold. I have some spot spraying left to do in a few yards of a few tall fescue clumps and small patches of poa. The problem is that it's been abnormally cold here. Highs in the 40's-50's which isn't normal for our area this time of year.

We're suppose to see some 60's this weekend and into next week. You think I should wait til next week or go ahead and spray the celcius this week?
Old 03-27-2013, 02:21 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I was told go ahead and spray... yes it is little slower but it will still work effectively
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-27-2013, 03:50 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

veeeery veeeery sssllllooow
Old 03-27-2013, 09:55 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgyver_GA View Post
How is celcius working for you guys in cold weather? It's my understanding that celcius is really slow to work when it's cold. I have some spot spraying left to do in a few yards of a few tall fescue clumps and small patches of poa. The problem is that it's been abnormally cold here. Highs in the 40's-50's which isn't normal for our area this time of year.

We're suppose to see some 60's this weekend and into next week. You think I should wait til next week or go ahead and spray the celcius this week?
Revolver is way better for those two weeds in Bermuda if you have some but the Celcius will work but it will take several weeks. To me faster is not always better though.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:40 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turf Dawg View Post
Revolver is way better for those two weeds in Bermuda if you have some but the Celcius will work but it will take several weeks. To me faster is not always better though.
True, however revolver 3x the price of celcius.