Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-26-2013, 12:09 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

which machine to rent

I'm a landscaper and have decide to hold off for now on purchasing any skid steer or mini excavator...united rentals just moved to our area and have decent prices they r quoting g me to get my Business... they have quite a large selection of skids and.minis... I'm thinking about starting off with a taki 130 for the skid... doing grading and sod work... and what size mini would u recommend for my French drain installs? Something small but yet still.powerfully enough to dig up big stumps if needed.... clay soil here...they have a big selection of bobcat skids and minis few takeuchis to. Ill be loading my dump trailer with the skid and I wanna try tracks to help not rut the yard so when I grade it, will not be to bad...all hand controls be nice for a change to.. they have t190s as well. Far as.mini. ill.need.to dig a trench about 18" wide 24" deep
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-26-2013, 12:51 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

A 35 sized machine would be big enough to dig a French drain and still be easy to transport. I would leave the T190 in the lot.

Proudly running CASE and Takeuchi equipment.
Old 03-26-2013, 01:15 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Ive had a 35 bobcat before actually.... seemed to be decent but I hadn't had much time on a mini... ams for skids... I was considering buying a t190, takeuchi 130, or something like a cat 257,Deere ct322 .. i like the mustangs and gehls to...something along those lines...
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-26-2013, 08:19 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I'd rent whatever kept the most money in my pocket and got the job done..
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-26-2013, 10:04 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

U have a point there as well but with them being new prob the area they r willing to give me pretty good discounts... id like to start trying to run equipement I may purchase at some point... so far our only other rental place only.has bobcat s130 so that's all I have ever got to run in the past...
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-26-2013, 06:26 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Holy cow, first off i would use spell and grammar check. I agree with ksss on a 35 size machine. John deere/hitachi, Kubota, and Tak all make great machines in this size range. I am not sure why some people really don't like the Bobcat T190's. I had a 2010 T190 that was very reliable, powerful, easy to service, and easy to transport.I would highly recommend one.

A.E.L

Land Clearing, Grinding services, Mulch Production, Excavating, Grading

Check out our new YouTube account!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWI...YEpKMXUcrB1jBw
Old 03-26-2013, 07:45 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I wouldn't put all my faith and decision making into a rental machine when looking to buy unless it was relatively new.

Just because rental machines are the machines you try stuff on that you'd never do on your own machine...
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-26-2013, 10:34 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

True true and yes sorry bout grammer and spelling... this Droid I cannot seem to get used to... anyhow yes people talk lots of smack bout t190s on here... its perfect size machine for.me but I do want joystick controls... I priced some rentals today from united and wow they were high!!! I thought they quoted me better last time but for a t190 one day rental is $360 and that's giving me the trailer for free!!! Wow.... my other rental place I normally.rent from just got a brand new kubota slv75.... its Always! Gone though... called today and its due back the day before I need it! I'm praying they don't extend it!! I wanna try it out and.its only $250 with trailer.... also a u25 is $175 with trailer.... united on a bobcat e35 was $300 something to!
Posted via Mobile Device