Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-26-2013, 06:17 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I'm thinking here in NC we're going to transition from winter directly into summer about the 1st of May. Seen it happen before - things are starting to pick up just a little.
Husqvarna 223L Trimmer
Husqvarna 326LS Trimmer
Husqvarna 580BTS Blower
Husqvarna BT150 Blower
Kawasaki KHDS600 Hedge Trimmer
Toro Multi-Tool
RedMax BM46i Backpack Sprayer
Carry On 5.5 x 10 Open Trailer
2004 Toyota Tacoma

The next time someone complains about your pricing, ask them how much their barber would charge to come over and cut their hair.
Old 03-26-2013, 06:44 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Spring is late for us, we anticipate a record low of 32F tonight. we have been mowing for several weeks but temp bumps from lows to 90F, then it
hailed one nite last week
Old 03-26-2013, 06:48 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by weeze View Post
this year is gonna suck. getting off to a terrible start.
I disagree. we are still getting precipitation. that is the best sign of all. think about last year. some places have never been this hot and dry in our recorded history. even through the dust bowl. I did my first landscape in february. im happy to see bits of snow come down. itl warm up in a few weeks. this is much much much more normal compared to last year.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:35 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by birddseedd View Post
I disagree. we are still getting precipitation. that is the best sign of all. think about last year. some places have never been this hot and dry in our recorded history. even through the dust bowl. I did my first landscape in february. im happy to see bits of snow come down. itl warm up in a few weeks. this is much much much more normal compared to last year.
it's rained 3 straight months here with only a few days off here or there. we don't need any more rain right now that's for sure. we didn't have a drought last year. it was normal here.

last year it warmed up early but this year it's warming up late. need it to be in between but nothing is perfect which is the whole fault of the human existence.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:38 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

nothing is perfect is the fault of hte human existence? erm... before we existed there was an ice age... that was far from perfect and we had nothing to do with it.

but here in michigan. my 800 per month customer was a 25 per month due to lack of rain.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:47 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

nope you don't get what i was saying. i didn't mean it's the fault of humans the weather is messed up. i'm saying this world is just messed up period. that's the joy of being a human and living this life. nothing is ever right. it's always screwed up.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:14 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

BTW, humans live through the last ice age which only ended about 10,000 years ago in North America and is likely how humans migrated here from Siberia.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:17 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

stupid humans i hate them. grrrrrrr
Old 03-26-2013, 08:22 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed2hess View Post
Spring is late for us, we anticipate a record low of 32F tonight. we have been mowing for several weeks but temp bumps from lows to 90F, then it
hailed one nite last week
That was us this past Sunday. First time I've seen hail in Tampa area since I moved here. Started this morning in fleece hoodie and ended up sweating in a T shirt. Windy as all hell. Temps in the 40's tonite. Still sprouting winter weeds.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-26-2013, 09:25 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by weeze View Post
stupid humans i hate them. grrrrrrr
hey weeze I've noticed alot of your posts lately you seemed extremely bummed out about the terrible spring start. I feel for ya, I've been having the same difficulty issues right now. I'm in a wierd and confused state right now. My buisiness isn't really designed to survive a 4.5 month winter like we had this year. Keep your head up we will be busy eventually even if it's not till May. My wife doesn't understand why Im weird right now. I told her I'm suppose to be a man out there working right now and there's still 30 degree temps here. The thing that sucks was my whole crew is starting this Monday. And I'm low on work because of the wheather and low on capitol. I hope we can survive.