Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-26-2013, 09:05 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Anyone with a John Deere DFS Collection system?

I just purchased a new JD with this collection system and it works great but one small problem. How do you tell when the hopper is full? I was using a Hustler with the DFS system and it had a window at the top of the hopper, once you started seeing debris in the window it was time to empty. The JD does not have such a window but I was thinking about putting one in myself. Any tricks to tell when the hopper is about full?
Old 03-26-2013, 11:15 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone with a John Deere DFS Collection system?

Look up cyclone power rake. By far the best system. The z10 is huge and you can fill lawn bags with it and its cheaper. The best system by far.
Old 03-27-2013, 12:58 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArTurf View Post
I just purchased a new JD with this collection system and it works great but one small problem. How do you tell when the hopper is full? I was using a Hustler with the DFS system and it had a window at the top of the hopper, once you started seeing debris in the window it was time to empty. The JD does not have such a window but I was thinking about putting one in myself. Any tricks to tell when the hopper is about full?
Some of the DFS systems come with a fill indicator on the chute between the blower and the hopper. If you don't have one there, you could get that piece from your dealer (but I bet it will cost you).